cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irate100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

When does a broadband offer end?

Sorry if this is the wrong board but here goes.

My landline is due for renewal very soon

On 'My BT' there is an offer to upgrade from fibre 1 to fibre 2. My broadband contract ends in Oct 2020.

I cannot find out when this offer ends.

I would prefer to renew my  landline and broadband on the same day

Any help much appreciated

Thank You

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: When does a broadband offer end?

BT will not usually disclose how long an offer will run for but they do run offer after offer so no doubt there will be something running if you wait until October. 

The difference in speeds is only relevant for lines that can support it, changing package alone does not give better speeds.

Prior to ordering Fibre 2 you should make sure that your line can deliver the faster speeds. If your present Fibre 1 can not deliver the maximum speed for Fibre 1 then there would be no benefit in moving to Fibre 2.

0 Ratings
Irate100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have literally just received an email from BT offering me to renew broadband before 1st Nov on the same package and cost for 24 months .

It is not clear to me from this email whether this new contract would start today or Oct when the current contract ends, please help

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

The new contract would start as soon as you take out the package, it would not be "on hold" until October.

They call it "up selling".

0 Ratings
Irate100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

We know you've got a little while left on your current broadband contract. But we've got a great deal we'd love to offer you if you renew.

Recontract your current broadband by 01/11/2020 paying the same as what you're paying today. CPI changes apply.

It's our way of saying thanks for being with us.

Getting your new broadband deal couldn't be easier. Just login to your account with your BT ID 

This is the actual email, can you see why I'm confused?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I'm sorry but I don't see anything confusing. It is clearly saying that if you renew your contract prior to 1.11.20 you will pay the same as you are paying now. 

0 Ratings
Irate100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Many Thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings