cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

When is a BT customer Not a BT customer?

I’ve been with BT continuously since 1996.  Renting a BT phone line and (on & off) a BT Broadband connection too for 21 years, I moved house in 2017.  But I remained a BT Phone line subscriber (new landline number of course) and added BT Broadband Fibre.

Except the change of address & landline seems to have absolutely scrambled BT’s systems.  I pay my bill by monthly DD, download my Bill via My BT account login, it shows everything correctly related to my package: Address; customer number; landline number, Broadband package; Phone line add-on packages.  I can login and block spam callers to my Landline even.

Except whenever I try to signup to a new BT service, or just renew an old one, I get the same error message right at the final acceptance stage:

‘Our line check shows you don't currently have a BT phone line. To get a BT phone line and broadband, please choose one of our great value Broadband and Calls packages’. 

Every...single....time.

No amount of time speaking to customer services etc has fixed this, despite their attempts to reset the account etc.  So when I tried to renew my Broadband Fibre deal last night, I was thwarted at the final signup stage yet again.

This gives such an awful, chaotic impression of BT’s systems.  I'm sick of having to phone-up and speak to people to renew services that should just take a mouse click.  Can anyone shed any light on this insolvable system bug?  Or should I just not be a BT customer any more for real?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: When is a BT customer Not a BT customer?

not a solution to customer problem but to renew your contract you are more likely to get a better deal by negotiating with the options team on 0800800030  they are uk based

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Roy12345

Welcome back to the Community.

Sorry to hear you are having problems renewing your contract again. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can try and get the package renewed for you.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

I'm having the exact same problem. Have been trying to change my broadband to 1 of your offers for well over a month now after a price hike. Keeps saying 'Our line check shows you don't have a BT phone line.' I have a BT phone line which is how I get the BT broadband I'm using to try and order the broadband. 

I know I have 2 different BT accounts for some reason, but when I tell BT that I get told that I don't.

0 Ratings