cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisB
Expert
Message 1 of 5

When will Line Rental Saver go?

BT's subsidiary Plusnet is finishing Line Rental Saver. Is BT going to do so too? They may be the only ISP now providing this discount.

(https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/02/isp-plusnet-scraps-pre-paid-uk-line-rental-saver-disco...)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: When will Line Rental Saver go?

You're not likely to get a definitive answer here in advance of any public announcement by BT. While it was a decent discount when first introduced, the LRS has been devalued to the extent that it's probably more trouble than it's worth for BT as well as customers. My prediction is that it will sooner or later be towed away and crushed.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
allanraymond
Expert
Message 3 of 5

There is still a reasonable saving with LRS, you get one free month, pay for 11 and get 12 months.

Any increase in normal line rental during the LRS only applies at the end of the 12 month LRS.

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 4 of 5

It's a pretty good saving when you consider banks are only giving 0.01% return on money in an account.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 5 of 5

After I moved to Digital Voice, I found that I was no longer able to use LRS any more.

So I guess that as people are moved onto Digital Voice over the next few years, it will disappear.

Richard

0 Ratings