cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Where do I find my contract expiry dates?

I am navigating mybt and I cannot see when my contracts expire

This seems pretty basic information to know and it is nowhere to be found??

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Where do I find my contract expiry dates?

I agree, I've never found mine written anywhere.  The quick fix is to ring BT [sales, buy our products] and say "I'm thinking of renewing my account[s] with you, could you tell me when it/they expire please? A sniff of a sale to them should produce the info you need.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

this is very sad and looks a disonhest way to let contract expire without you noticing

It is the first time in 13 years in UK I do not see this information on my broadband account albeit this is the first time with BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Your contract with BT does not expire. When you sign up with BT you are entering into a contract with them until you cancel it. You have a minimum term for the first 12/18 or 24 months depending on what you agreed to. 

This minimum term is to cover your line cost, package cost and any agreed discounts and initial cost for equipment. Should you wish to leave during that period you will need to pay cancellation costs, which is usually the cost of the remaining months rental and the cost of any equipment ie Homehub. 

After the minimum term part of your contract ends, you are still in a contract with BT but any discounts you may have had stop and should you decide to leave you will not have any fees to pay except the cease charge if it applies. You have to give either 30 days or 14 days notice to end the contract depending on whether or not you are moving to another ISP.

The date of the end of the minimum term is obviously 12/18 or 24 months from the date you signed up. To see that date you should refer to the email you received at the start.

Failing that you can contact Live Chat and they will tell you. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There is a way to see it I just found out.
Go into track your order identify the appropriate entry and the start date can be found
0 Ratings