cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 17

Which prices apply?

BT broadband was booked 20 May, new T&C's came out 15th May.

Service goes live this week, June, new T&C's were published 29th May.

Which ones apply? I will pay a discounted price but which does the discount apply to?

15th May15th May29th May29th May

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Which prices apply?

you should have received an email when you placed you order which should show the contract price you have agreed and the term length

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 17

If they have changed the terms again before the contract starts, surely the most recent apply?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

BT can't just change the contract terms which you agreed when you signed up. You must have an email setting output your agreed contract terms - what your package entails and the cost you have agreed

if you are not happy then you can cancel in cooling off but then you will be without connection until you reapply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
yorkspark
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 17

If the price went up 2 days after you agreed a contract, would you then happily pay the higher price or the price you agreed a contract on?

Its a game of chance, and you on the day, chose a price and a contract length which you were happy with and that is what you will pay unless you cancel. What offers are available after your contract start date are irrelevant as they are are constantly changed, same as flights, hotels etc

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 17

Just to add to the confusion, i looked for the detail, and it says after 24 months it will increase to £36.99, in neither of the T&C's i have shown above does it mention £36.99,

its either £44.46 or £39.99.

The price i have agreed is £28.99, it says for example £36.99 - £8.00.

fibre 1.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

so if it shows £28.99pm then why the post?

0 Ratings
yorkspark
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

@kkkkwrote:

Just to add to the confusion, i looked for the detail, and it says after 24 months it will increase to £36.99, in neither of the T&C's i have shown above does it mention £36.99, No confusion, your price after discount for 24 months is £28.99, then after the 24 months it will revert back to the full price of £36.99 on a 30 day rolling contract, until you either renew or change isp.

The Figures you keep referring to have absolutely no bearing on your contract, they are for a deal available on that date which you didn't take.

its either £44.46 or £39.99. No its not, your deal is £28.99 then £36.99 from month 25

The price i have agreed is £28.99, it does not say for example £36.46 - £7.47.

fibre 1.JPG

To make it easy for you, the 15th may deal clearly states - month 1-24 pay £36.46 with discount then from month 25 pay £44.46 full price unless renewed or change isp. This is however irrelevant to your deal as stated above.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 17

@imjollywrote:

so if it shows £28.99pm then why the post?

Because neither of BT's listed terms seem to apply to my deal.

0 Ratings
yorkspark
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 17

They wont do, they are standard price deals available at that time, you have negotiated a deal that has a better price.

You really need to stop referring to facts and figures which are totally irrelevant to your particular personal deal.