cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thebard64
Message 1 of 5

Who sends out the returns bags?

I ordered Fibre Optics but changed my mind on the day of the installation on 21st June 19. I called BT on the day and cancelled order and asked them to send me a returns bag. Didn't take the Smart Hub or Wireless Hub out of the bag. I was assured that contract would be cancelled because I was within time limits to do so and no cabling was installed at my property. Since that date I have called BT 5 times, pleading them to send the returns bag.  Each time I was kept on the phone for over an hour and promised that the bag would be sent. I went on the chat last week because I refuse to speak to anyone. The last time I called BT I got the distinct impression that I was put on hold and the receiver waited to see if I would go away. He returned to call having possibly made himself a cup of tea and having finished a cigarette. You see up to today my BT account still reflects the new fibre optic package that wasn't installed, this after being told " don't worry mister so and so, I will make sure everything is sorted out and we will put you back to your original package, oh and don't worry I will get the returns bag sent out to you". What I got instead was another wireless hub through the post; you couldn't make it up. Then it occurred to me that due to me making phone calls to BT after work, at around 7pm it is highly unlikely that the customer services rep, will after putting down the phone on me, immediately leave their desk and go and find a returns bag, and put in an envelope, stamp it and send it to me. So who will? when that rep leaves their shift, how does the collegue who comes on the next shift process my open ticket, how is it communicated. My experience shows that there is a breakdown in process; essentially I should be calling the sales department to cancel my order; why? because they are the only ones set up to send out packages, parcels and mail at BT. If they do not receive communication from customers services I bet you I can call every week until Xmas and a returns bag will not be sent to me. Oddly enough and again showing a complete lack of communications within a telecommunications company, I received text messgaes asking for me to send the hubs back in the bag they provided; the irony. Maybe its got nothing to do with bad communication and its all done on purpose so that I just give up and when I am kept waiting on hold , they are all having a laugh at my expense; makes you think that. the last call I asked the rep what was he actually doing in the time he kept me on hold because hes come back on the phone with jack; nothing I told him he will go home tonight and no bag will come, cause noone will know to send it out and I was right unfortunately I am still getting a service I am not receiving ; kinda.

I will end by saying that part of the situation is that BT have convinced themselves that I am on Fibre Optics and I have been told to check my connection speed; so they did nothing except change the status on my package in my account; no installing of copper cable and hub still in the box. I nearly died of laugther when told this.

Its not just BT, bad communications is epidemic in all big companies and organisations. They cut human resources as if computer systems are AI, I have to go to the persons or people that sent out the hubs and the wireless router; the sales department; customer services are a waste of our time, somehow tasked with keeping us on the line while simultaneously doing nothing to assist us.

Goodnight

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Who sends out the returns bags?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Thebard64,

Welcome to the Community 😀

I am sorry to see that there has been some confusion around the returns bag and I'm also sorry to see that you may have an issue with your package. It would be best that we took a look into your account for you and help you from start to finish. I've sent you a private message with some information that we will need from you.

Just so you know, when a person asks us to send out a returns bag, we don't post it ourselves. We create an order on your account, which all goes to the same place, for it to then be posted out to you. It shouldn't matter which department you speak with.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Thebard64
Message 4 of 5

It shouldn't matter what department I speak to, you are right. However as I haven't received the bags after at least 5 attempts there is something amiss with the ' order' not being processed. I have just had another frustrating engagement with BT customer services and the irony is that ' it doesn't matter which department you speak to' is an argument I have not long made to a BT rep. He was using me speaking to the wrong department as an excuse why my account package has not been reverted back to its original status after I cancelled the fibre package on 21st June 19. I am still being charged for the fibre package that wasnt installed. And I was transferred on my previous calls to what should have been the right ' department's so that rep was talking nonsense. Today I was transfered from Chat to voice and transfered again. And just kept on hold. The individual implied that nothing could be done unless I was kept on hold. BTs nonsense just reached unbelievable levels. The rep suggested that somehow me ending a contract before it was installed and live was akin to man landing on the moon and they couldn't sort it out unless I was physically on hold on my phone. The receiver had established I am the account holder, that I had asked to end the service within the 14 day limit and that cabling was not installed at my property. I had repeated this mantra on 5 previous occasions. I am sure I am not the 1st to cancel a package, so why am I still being charged for a service I dont receive and have not received the bags. I dont need excuses, to be put on hold, be transfered and promised and let down again and again. It was like groundhog day today and I hung up on the rep, had enough. He was insistent that this matter, even though BT have all they need from me to sort out this very standard request I have to be on hold. This is beyond stupid, and I dont need any more excuses. When i go into my account next week I expect to see my package reverted, I expect to get the overcharges Bt have taken from me credited to my account and to have received the returns bag and have returned the hubs. Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Thebard64,

I'm sorry that you had such a poor customer service experience. 

We will do everything we can to put this right for you. I can see that @DanielS has sent you a Private Message asking for your account information but it doesn't look like this has come into us yet?

Matt

0 Ratings