Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mal1954
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Why am I been lied to from BT

I ordered BT infinity 2 on the 7:3:2016 and got a connection date of the 17th. On the 19 as I had heard nothing from BT I contacted them (20min wait to get through) The person I talked to had very poor English, said that the connection was being reviewed? and would be completed on the 21st. On the 23rd I again contacted BT, only a 10 minute wait this time. Another person with a poor accent answered, I asked why my Infinity was not up and running. I was put on hold on and off for 15 mins whilst the person made enquiries. Finally I was advised that my local telephone exchange had a fault so I was given another completion date the 28th. I asked the operator why was I having to chase up this issue at my time and expense, all I got was an appolgy.
Last week and engineer called to my house to check for a fault that I had reported! I advised him that I had not reported any fault and told him that I had been told that the exchange had the fault, he advised me that there was NO fault in the exchange. I let him into my house where he checked my line only to find it was perfect. He advised me that he would check if there was a job in for my changeover to Infimity, if so he would connect me there and then. There was no job booked for me other than to fix a none existent fault.
Today the 30th I got a call from a gentleman with an Asian accent who I had to repeatably ask to speak an English that I could understand. He advised me that I had not been connected because of a fault in the exchange. At this point I nearly lost the plot. I asked jim to explain why I was repeatanly being lied too, unfortunately he kept rabbiting on in a deplorable English that I could not understand. I had to give up and asked if he could get someone to ring me back that I could understand. During the broken conversation I managed to understand that my Infinity would be connected on the 4th.
Why am I a loyal BT customer for over 35 years having to suffer this decete and lies?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why am I been lied to from BT

@mal1954 I'm really sorry about the delay providing your service and the difficulties you've had when calling. If you need any help with this please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
mal1954
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why am I been lied to from BT

Thanks Neil have contacted them
0 Ratings