cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sirjones21
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Why am I being robbed by BT?

The following is a complaint I tried to send them, but was unable to as the button was disabled by BT, due to COVID apparently, although I’m a health care worker and I can tell you that covid doesn’t have an effect on technology, especially when we consider that if you can work on a computer, then you can work from home.

I’ve been a customer of BT since November of 2019., BT forced me to start a brand new contract, forcing me to pay the £150 cancellation fee on top of my monthly £50+, and I had to fight to get my money back 2 weeks later.

I move home, have to fight to get my money back due to BT’s mistake and disingenuous service, get forced into a 26 month contract which I did not want yet was misinformed by the customer service representative, and now nearly a year later, I’m STILL having Connection issues.

And I say still, because I have not ONCE had a stable internet connection for a day.

I’ve been running speed tests daily, getting results which I can supply upon request, of results consisting of as LOW as 2mbps, and no that isn’t my upload, my upload is lower...

I called to seek support, and was met by the option of ‘well you could upgrade’ or I could be put through to tech support, who left me on hold for 10 minutes, then answered the phone, muted the mic so I couldn’t hear, implying to anyone who hasn’t worked in a telephone roll before that they’d been cut off, however I have indeed worked in a telephone roll before and when I persisted that I knew they were listening and at the other end, it ‘magically’ ended the call.

I have been in touch with my solicitor, who has been in touch with OFCOM, and we have started building a case on this, so I would advise someone contacts me sharply, and if there are any other ‘customers’ in a similar situation as I am, please be sure to either contact me, share this post, or contact BT.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Why am I being robbed by BT?

@Sirjones21 

This is a customer to customer support forum.

The only staff here are Moderators.

If you have a complaint you can raise it to BT via Complaints about BT Products and Services | BT Help

If you want some help we can see what we can do to help you. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Sirjones21
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Clearly you didn’t even read the first paragraph otherwise you would’ve seen that I tried to make the complaint by the correct means and was halted by BT themselves 

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

@Sirjones21 

I did and I informed you how to contact them (again) with a complaint.

If however you want someone to try and resolve the speed/service issue then we can do that.

Otherwise IF a Moderator get's involved they maybe able to assist.

I was just pointing out that based on "I have been in touch with my solicitor, who has been in touch with OFCOM, and we have started building a case on this, so I would advise someone contacts me sharply," you are not talking to BT directly.

That's my input done, good luck with you journey. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Sirjones21 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the connection problems you've been having with your broadband.  The connection really shouldn't be dropping out on a daily basis.  As you have tried to sort this out over the phone and you're no further forward, we'll pick this up and give you a hand from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 6

Why's this in Bills & Packages?

0 Ratings