cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Why am I paying for Infinity 2 if Infinity 1 customers now get the same speed?

Ok, just read about this upgrade for inf 1 customers. I always thought usage was capped with Infinity 1, but it seems it isn't.

So why are BT charging me quite a hefty amount above what Infinity 1 costs when it now appears they are the exact same package? I must be missing something, because surely they wouldn't screw us like that???? Cheers

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why am I paying for Infinity 2 if Infinity 1 customers now get the same speed?

I must admit, I am starting to wonder why as well. Could one of the mods please explain this move on BTs part, which has upset Infinity 2 customers. Obviosly, Infinity 1 customers are over the moon.

Please explain.

David500
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Why am I paying for Infinity 2 if Infinity 1 customers now get the same speed?

These seem to be the differences:

Unlimited Infinity 1: Cloud Storage - 200GB
Unlimited Infinity 2: Cloud Storage - 1000GB

Unlimited Infinity 1: BT Virus Protect on 2 devices
Unlimited Infinity 2: BT Virus Protect on 15 devices

Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Yeah I have just been speaking to the twitter team, and they seem to think that paying an extra £10 for some extra cloud storage (which various companies and utilities throw at you anyway) is as much of a boost as Infinity 1 customers getting the speed boost and unlimited usage. 

They are tripping on crack if they in anyway think it is even close in terms of what boost they have given each tier. 

0 Ratings
nickmorc
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Thats a shame that BT are taking that stance.

I can see lots Infinity 2 customers dropping down to 1, if BT do not come up with something else.

This sounds like a someone in the marketing department is having a laugh at Infinty 2 customers expense.

Not a happy bunny !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

nickmorc wrote:

I can see lots Infinity 2 customers dropping down to 1, if BT do not come up with something else.

That might indeed be somewhere in BT's thinking. With this plus access to the broadband usage monitor being denied to unlimited customers, surely the day is coming when standard Infinity will be a single option - unlimited usage, best available bandwidth, one price, extras not included, end of. Maybe then all the bunnies will be happy, free from the need to look over their shoulders.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Tomas12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Isn't Infinity 1 up to 52 Mb speed? Even so, why is Plusnet offering me 76 Mb, unlimited download and Bt Sport fo £34 a month and BT has a problem with lowring it to £50? Not to mention Bt Sport sin't worth the money anymore, showing 3rd world football from Scotland and AU and their beloved WTA has such a poor coverage it makes me cry.

0 Ratings