cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kizzyinez
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Why am I still waiting to be connected after waiting 8 weeks to date?

On the 12th November 2015 I was due to be switched from Talk Talk to BT. My broadband was working perfectly up to this date but sadly since then I have had no internet connection what so ever. Despite repeated promises of completion, call backs, call backs from case managers I am still without broadband connection (even though when tracking my orders they show up as completed I have no connection). This problem is difficult enough to deal with but I have the added stress, as I have mentioned whenever I speak to anyone from BT, that I NEED Internet connection as I work from home. If I fail to maintain a working broadband connection, I am in breach of contract and will not receive any pay. As I have been without broadband since 12/11/2015 I have been suspended without pay. That is so far 8 weeks without pay and the next connection date I have been given is 19/01/2016, which will make it almost 10 weeks without any income IF the connection goes ahead then. Can somebody PLEASE help as I don't know how much more my wife and myself can take of this.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Why am I still waiting to be connected after waiting 8 weeks to date?

If broadband is essential for your work then you should really have a business connection which would give you a better SLA should you have connection problems. BT T&C specifically say residential line should not be used for business

has your phoneline been connected just no broadband?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kizzyinez
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for your reply. I do not run a business from home, I am employed by a company and I work from home. I do not have connection problems, I do not have a connection at all. I was going to switch to business broadband once connected but it's looking less and less likely that I will ever be connected. Yes I have a working phone line just no broadband. As I said previously everything was working brilliantly until BT got involved. I have been in a nightmare situation since this started. I have had no help what so ever. I have had orders cancelled for no apparent reason, I have reordered only to be cancelled again. I originally ordered infinity broadband and was given the date for installation as the 12/11/2015, when this did not happen even though I was told I was connected, an engineer came to the house and told me the fibre had been connected to the wrong street cabinet, and so my problems started. After 5 1/2 weeks during yet another phone call to BT I managed to find out that I could not in fact receive fibre broadband at all. ( I wonder how long it would have taken BT to inform me of this?) I was told it was not available for my street. I have since cancelled infinity broadband and ordered plain old ordinary broadband yet still to no avail. This order was also cancelled by somebody, nobody knows who and has been reordered but all this is doing is pushing the installation date further away. To be fair to BT they haven't actually said which year the installation will take place I was hoping it would be this year!!! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Imjolly's post was explaining that you cannot use a residential service for the purpose you want and that you need a business line also that a business line has a better SLA should you have a fault in the future residential lines have a normal 3 day response time business lines are same day
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi guys,

Regardless of what the OP is using the broadband for I think we’re getting away from the issue at hand which is that he doesn’t have a working connection.

@Kizzyinez, thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re not having any luck with this. I’m sure I can lend a hand and get you sorted. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You’ll get the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Kizzyinez
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I have just come from a meeting with my employers having being formally sacked from my Job. Maybe now BT will install my broadband. Seems no one cares a monkeys. I emailed a mod from this thread and explained that i was going to this meeting and it would have been nice to have my broadband up and running. Was i i being too optomistic? Oh yes i definately was. The Mod i emailed did not even have the courtesy to reply to my email never mind solve my problem. No one cares about me at BT thats clear. So may be its time to give up. You win BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Hi

Sorry to hear your news

The Forum Mod Team normally reply personally within 3 /5 working days of them being contacted depending on their workload

An auto response is sent as soon as you click on the send button of their contact form
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi Kizzyinez,

I'm really sorry we've dropped the ball on this. Your email was routed to a different department but we'll get this picked up first thing tomorrow for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Kizzyinez
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Well I did get a call from somebody in digital care yesterday, he said my line had been tagged and he would start an investigation into why it had been tagged. He said he would call me today, with a progress report. Guess what, he didn't call shock horror. Does anybody at BT do what they actually say they will do??? Even a call to say sorry we haven't found anything yet, would have been something, but no as usual totally ignored. I phoned to find out why nobody had rang and was told sorry it'll be the 19th Jan when they get a report from the retailer. Yeah right. Mind you I'll be waiting as thanks to BT's total and utter incompetence I lost my job. Thanks for nothing BT.

0 Ratings
Kizzyinez
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Broadband connected to wrong cabinet. Let's join the forum to see if anybody there can help. Moderator "I should be able to help". E.mail routed to different department. OVER 10 WEEKS and they still can't connect us so they just cancelled our order again. BT worst company I have ever come across in my entire life. I'm happy to say I have now cancelled everything with BT and finally feel free of this utterly incompetent company except for one thing. Compensation for the ten weeks without pay, the loss of my job and the total stress my wife and myself have been put through. When that's sorted we can both then be at peace. EPICALLY FAILED by BT. Can't mark this as solved because it never was 😡

0 Ratings