cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Why can't I find out when my contract ends anywhere on BT.com?

Go to solution

I think I've pretty much looked everywhere but nowhere on BT.com can I find out when my contract ends. Yes, I know I can phone in or even have an e-chat, but if BT want its customers to self-serve then the information we want needs to be available. So, why can't I find out when my contract ends anywhere on BT.com?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why can't I find out when my contract ends anywhere on BT.com?

Go to solution

@Lemur001 

How to view your contract terms

First of all you need to go to this page. https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do
Then select the order that you wish to view, and on the top right there will be a link saying "Show contract terms"

contract.jpg

Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Keith.

Maybe an idea to have 'Contracts' as a seperate tab on the Help section?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@Lemur001 wrote:

Thanks Keith.

Maybe an idea to have 'Contracts' as a seperate tab on the Help section?

That is down to the BT people that run this forum, I am just a customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Lemur001  thank you for your feedback. This has been raised before and I know that it is on the roadmap for changes to the online account. This information will be available in the future but I cannot confirm when this will be at present.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

It's now impossible rather than difficult to get this info via the website.

I followed the link given earlier, it lists old orders but not in the format shown and there is no sign of any contract terms.

I tried the online chat, as they say only call if urgent due to Covid, and they sent me this:

You can find out your BT broadband contract end date online through the MyBT account portal. •Log into the MyBT account portal. •Select "My Orders" from the Support menu. •Select your current broadband contract and select "Show contract terms"’. •Your contract details should be listed under Contract Terms.

It's complete nonsense. There isn't a 'Support menu'. There's 'Help & Support', but no trace of 'My Orders' within that. Put 'My Orders' or 'Contract Terms' into the search - no clue from the responses where the info is hidden.

There's a section called 'Your Products'. Any dates in there? Nope.

It's a joke.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

You are posting on a thread that is over a year old and was correct at that time so is not "complete nonsense"  The lay out and how to get the information you are looking for has changed since then.

If you log onto your MyBT and go to "Orders & Faults > Track your order" . Select the relevant order or if you are not sure which one you will need to click through each one in turn.

Click on "Track Order" then "View Order Summary" This will show your contract start date and the length of the contract. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

If you log onto your MyBT and go to "Orders & Faults > Track your order" . Select the relevant order or if you are not sure which one you will need to click through each one in turn.

Click on "Track Order" then "View Order Summary" This will show your contract start date and the length of the contract. 

May I point out that I cannot get any of the above using the web version of MyBT.

However, using the tablet/mobile app, yes, I can but with different sequence:

Click on "More" (bottom right) then click "Track my Order" (Under support) then click "Track order" from whichever item on the list and then "View order summary".

Note that the orders also include changes such as adding or removing, for example, mobile wifi etc. These may not be subject to a contracted term.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Carlusha wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

May I point out that I cannot get any of the above using the web version of MyBT.

However, using the tablet/mobile app, yes, I can but with different sequence:

Click on "More" (bottom right) then click "Track my Order" (Under support) then click "Track order" from whichever item on the list and then "View order summary".

Note that the orders also include changes such as adding or removing, for example, mobile wifi etc. These may not be subject to a contracted term.

No idea why you can not get that using MyBT on a web browser. It works as I stated on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

I appreciate I was having a bit of a rant earlier, but frustration levels were high!

The 'complete nonsense' was not referring to the old stuff, it was to the message I received this afternoon following my online chat with BT - I thought that was reasonably clear.

The only thing I can think of is that  because I am not the account holder (I administer it for my 90 year old mother-in-law), I don't get the same access on the website as account holders. E.g. I do not see 'Orders & Faults' anywhere on MyBT. Nor do I see 'More' anywhere on the mobile version.

But the whole point of the message was that the agent would not provide me with the information via the chat as I was not the account holder (I would however be given it if I called in). So he was providing me with the means for a non account holder to get the information via the website. Or so he said, via his no-reply email.

Having said all that, by trying again now with a combination of various bits of info in this thread, I have managed to get there in the end, so I withdraw the 'impossible' comment!

It still begs the question: why is this info not easily available e.g. via 'Your products'?  If I log in to my own PlusNet account (a BT-owned company), My Contract is there on the initial dashboard.

0 Ratings