cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpfive
Message 1 of 5

Why can't I get a confermantion letter/email of start date

Why can I not get written proof of when I started my account with BT. I need a cover letter or email to state when I started recieving my broadband and phone package. They can tell me over the phone,but thats not good enough for what I need.

Any help would be nice,as the complaints office are useless

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why can't I get a confermantion letter/email of start date

did you not get a letter/email with your start date, package details and speed estimate?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mpfive
Message 3 of 5

I need it from the start of my account which is older than the kept billing records.Even though the information is verbally given, no one I've spoken to is willing to give the information in writting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

If you're prepared to pay £10 for that information, you need to send a Subject Access Request to the Data Controller at BT.  Details can be found in the Information Commissioner's web site at https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search and using the registration number Z5164594

More information about your rights and how to apply are here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Might be worth trying Billing Live Chat. If they give you the info you need you can take a copy of the transcript.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings