cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncarter81
Message 1 of 3

Why did I even bother switching to BT?

I placed an order for phone and unlimited broadband at the beginning of August. My activation day was yesterday, 19th August. My Sky broadband and phone went dead around 1pm yesterday. 'Great' I thought, I'll plug in the BT Home Hub and wait for services to come on.....

Well I'm still waiting. The website doesn't tell me much other than that there was an issue with my order. It also states that if there is a delay with the order, BT will contact me. Well, they didn't. Luckily I have 3G and I'm able to still use the internet and was able to see there was a delay. If I didn't have access, how would I have known anything was wrong? I wouldn't be so annoyed if I had got a call from someone saying there was an issue. At least I would have known.

So, I'm still without phone and internet. I called customer services from work today and spoke to an advisor who was quite frankly rude and didn't want to deal with my issue. She didn't really listen to what I had to say and abruptly told me she was passing me to the team that deal with new orders. I then had to wait 16 minutes for a girl called Husna to answer. To be fair, she was polite and apologetic. Whether this was smoke and mirrors I'm not sure, but she said she was going to speak to an engineer to see what was going on. She came back and said 'I promise you sir, your services will be live by midnight tonight'....I have no faith AT ALL.

Sorry, I was told it was midnight last night and it never happened. My wife desperately needs the landline for work and we all need the internet for various things. We need our services. I've spoke on the phone, I've emailed the Twitter team but I need my services sorting out today. The customer service levels from BT have been diabolical and I'm gutted really. If I had have stayed with Sky, I would still be connected. In the 5 years I was with them only had one issue and they couldn't do enough to ensure my problem was sorted quickly. My first impression of BT is far from great.

I would like this sorting.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
servicefailure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why did I even bother switching to BT?

Wait till you experience your second impression !! The first one will seem like a breeze in the park.
0 Ratings
ncarter81
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why did I even bother switching to BT?

I'd rather not, at this point I'd rather cancel it and not get to find out.

Can't get over how much BT can just screw customers over so easily.
0 Ratings