cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithp
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Why do BT not offer 'freebies' to existing customers?

Go to solution

Ok - we have been with BT since we first got a phone. I know that is probably a rare thing, but that is what we do. So why do BT never offer a freebie to their existing customers? IN our paper there is an advert for BT - if you join up you get either a free smart phone (Galaxy) or a free X Box. We have neither. If BT are reading this - why can't you offer these deals to existing customers? WE have never been offed anything from BT.

Yes we could change - and come back - but is that what BT really wants?

Keith

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why do BT not offer 'freebies' to existing customers?

Go to solution

The short answer is that they don't need to. The majority of existing customers, for what ever reason, do not look for the best deal and move to another provider so why offer something to retain them when they are not going to leave in the first place.

BT  put "personal" offers in your MyBT but I think most if not all the offers are not exactly "great".

-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Existing customer deals do exist, anything from Echo's, reward cards to tablets and xbox consoles, if you're at the end of your contract or out of contract, see what's available.

Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Didn't get much on my renewal. Thing is, there is not a lot around my area and I think that counts, BT will know who the competition is. 

BT since 83. Off at the end of my existing contract no matter what.

0 Ratings
keithp
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
How do you see these deals?
All I can see is paying more money for the next level of contract. I already have unlimited broadband and superfibre.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @keithp,

If you're out of contract and are thinking about renewing, your best bet would be to call the loyalty team on 0800 800 150. 

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
keithp
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Ok will do that.
0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

I've had quite a lot of free stuff from them. I've had mobile phones, new routers, vouchers and more recently a 4K set-top box and upgrade to BT Ultimate at my previous contracted rate. I've also got another offer waiting for me, should i choose to redeem it which i will at some point. Log into My BT and don't be afraid to ask but what you get will be relative to your spend i would have thought. 

0 Ratings
keithp
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Ok - well I dont have a smart phone,  so that would be useful, apart from a router in 2014 we havent been offered anything else. As I say we are on the unlimited broadband, so can't upgrade that. We already get the BT sport, the offer in the paper said a free X box or smart phone and seemed less than out current contract.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

The bigger offers are generally reserved for new customers in the same way other suppliers do...  Keep an eye on your emails for renewal offers and always check My BT on BT.com as that will run personalised offers for you. You won't get Xboxes etc but you might be upgraded to a faster speed or better tv package etc when they become available. Could be worth swapping your mobile contract to BT as they've got some pretty good deals and if you're already a customer, you get £5 discount and free phones etc..