cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garethhare
Message 1 of 5

Why do new customers get a better deal

Why do new customers get a better deal not giving loyal customers the deals as a new customer you can get infinity 1 for £29 A month for 18 months where as I am being charged almost £50 doesn't seem right to me
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why do new customers get a better deal

This question has been asked many times.

See this thread which just one of the many.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Does-loyalty-count-for-nothing/td-p/1804443

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@Garethhare wrote:
Why do new customers get a better deal not giving loyal customers the deals as a new customer you can get infinity 1 for £29 A month for 18 months where as I am being charged almost £50 doesn't seem right to me

Its how the whole world operates these days. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Welcome to the forum.

The obvious solution if you are not happy with the deal offered is to move to another provider that's offering a price you like.  Then when that deal expires change provider again for a more suitable deal if you don't like what's on offer that time either.  Other than that there is not a lot you can do about it.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

There is also a discriminatory quirk regarding the non discounted cost of unlimited infinity up to 52Mb as follows 

Existing customers who upgrade online get charged £49.99 BUT for new customers the price after the 18 months is up rises to only £41.99 as per the Important information The legal stuff on the broadband deals web page ( all other packages have same non discounted prices).

So what is the correct non discounted price because either BT are overcharging existing customers upgrading or misinforming new customers as to what the price goes up to when their contract expires.

0 Ratings