cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: Why does an 80 year old need such expensive Broadband???

I think sometimes there is an overwhelming feeling of being hard done by when on balance perhaps objectively....actually its not that bad. We are all human and can get emotionally invested leading to Ofcom this Trading Standard that and the ISP becomes the enemy.

You want to hear about horror stories then Virgin is the place to go, there you can literally get signed up for a new contract you never even agreed to then get asked to pay the termination charge, that was a dark week in my household, no it wasnt an automatically renewal.

Back to this post though, I'm kinda yet to see the huge deal apart from perhaps mis selling Halo but we do not know the conversation that took place on the phone with BT between the 80yo folks, on the face of it having tech support and a backup internet is probably quite good for the vulnerable. I would never get Halo though or recommend my parents do! Sadly I have to take care of their stuff most of the time.

No one operates a company to try and save people money, sure there are savings masquerading as incentives to join a given ISP but they are playing the long game, most people cannot be bothered to switch and end up paying extra to avoid the hassle when it comes to renewal, sales agents on the phone will be pushed by their leadership to sell certain products, which will be linked to their KPI's and so on. BT are not the only company in the world that do it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

Your parents can request a transcript or recording of the calls they had with BT to identify whether or not mis-selling took place, even if it's in relation Halo. This should be accessible via a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR).

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

You might want to refer to:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/if-you-were-misled-or-pressured-into-bu...

Sometimes things get missold, and companies are legally responsible for correcting things.  Saying it's not possible to correct such an event is not lawfully acceptable!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings