cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Why has my broadband cost increased mid contract

Go to solution

You are not correct , Openreach are not allowed to have any special relationship with BT , they treat any and every ISP /CP ( communication provider ) equally , this is mandated by the regulator, any evidence of special favours and Ofcom can levy huge fines on BT and Openreach based on turnover ( not profit ) , BT only use Openreach as their supplier, so given that the competition ( Sky , Vodafone, Talk Talk ) are very vocal on this subject, if there were even the slightest evidence of it , it would be soon brought to the regulators attention, strange there has never been a complaint on this issue, if supposedly senior BT managers are telling Joe Public this , but they haven’t , because it’s never has happened…..there may be places where BT have their  interconnection circuits available before the competition, but even these are provided by BTw and are available to any ISP that wants to use  them

….franky it’s a myth that there has ever been a BT exclusive period anywhere …your supposed 2 year rights is simply nonsense , if your really spoke to a senior BT Manager about this ( and they  said it’s true but trusted you to keep it secret ) , get immediately on to Ofcom and report it , have the managers name ready , but you won’t , because it never happened,  how believe is it that a senior BT Managers gave you information that would lead to fines of 10’s if not hundreds of millions of £’s …..

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

When you took out your 2 year contract you would have received emails detailing the cost of the package and in these emails was typically this standard wording:

A note about our prices
The monthly price shown for your landline, broadband, mobile, TV and Sport plans, add-ons and all out of bundle charges will change on or after 31 March every year by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January that year, plus 3.9%.

Did you not receive these emails?

Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

The March CPI + 3.9% type of increase came under fire not because customers can't count (although some clearly can't), but because you are being asked to sign a contract with 2 baked in increases that you cannot quantify in advance.

An unknown number + 3.9% is still an unknown number.

Moving to fixed prices removes that doubt because you know immediately that if you sign up for 2 years for broadband and TV, your price will go up by £5 per month each March (£3 for broadband and £2 for TV).

You might not like it going up, but you know what the number is before signing up.

Considering the terms of price increases are on every BT/EE website page, every email I have ever seen and front page news with Martin Lewis etc. when they are implemented every year, I just don't believe anyone who says they didn't know what they were signing up for I'm afraid. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
If they do these as standard I must of. There was so much to read I must admit I just went through the motions. But thanks for your input, I will just wait until the contract ends.
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution
Wow, basically telling me I'm lying "but you won’t , because it never happened, ". Quite frankly total arrogance! No point in wasting my time with you! Thanks and have a great week.
0 Ratings