Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Why have I been paying so much?

Go to solution

Hi all. I have an issue which, after two calls to BT's support centre, I just can't get to the bottom of and I'm hoping I can get an answer here. (There also doesn't appear to be an obvious place to just email BT on the website.)

We're currently on Infinity Option 2 with BT Vision and daytime calls which I'm told should be between £50 - £60 per month (I don't have the figures in front of me right now) including line rental. Trouble is I recently discovered that we've been paying £141 per month since May. 

I've called the support team but can't get a simple answer out of them. We don't use much over our package except for the odd short mobile call and we rarely rent films through BT Vision so, in theory our costs per month shouldn't be any highr than the pacakge cost should they?

My BT account page says I'm £118.69 in debit(?) but my usage since 24th August is £23.41 which is £19.91 for calls and one £3.50 rental.

The only piece of info managed to get out of the operative was that, in May, our debit was £232 (for some undisclosed reason). But if I've paid £141 5 times since then, why am I still in debit to the tune of £118?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Why have I been paying so much?

Go to solution

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

There is a BT e-mail link here.

Send an e-mail to BT

0 Ratings
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I tried that. Again, they weren't much use and it was through them that I got the original call-back which told me the above information without answering my question as to why. I was then put through to a guy who could explain my package but wasn't able to help with the actual query.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

My rough back-of-an-envelope figures suggest that your package may be a lot more per month than you think it is.

Using some approximate figures:

Line rental £15

Infinity £25

Anytime calls £5

BT Vision £12

Extra calls £24

Gives £81 per month.  THESE ARE ONLY ROUGH FIGURES and don't take into account any discounts you may have.

Add to that a debit of £232 to pay off from May (now reduced to £118), means that BT will be charging you extra per month to pay off that historical debit.

0 Ratings
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
That's just it. Where did the £232 come from? I've never seen anything like that debit on my pre-May bills.
0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
We would need to know how much your debt was in February and your repayments and costs between feb and may to answer that.

However it's worked out, it'll be because you paid too little at some point and now there reclaiming the debt
0 Ratings
Bc1973
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

One thing I can't figure out is why my BT account page shows a debit of £118 but my payment history shows a credit of £273

0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
Would have thought payment history would always show a credit, if its a payment.

For help from the forum you'd need to let us know your feb to may billing situation but you will have paid too little at some point in your account with BT. You could have been in debit for years
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
I suggest you wait for the Care Team to contact you
0 Ratings