Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Why is BT not billing me, direct debit should have been taken on 1st October

Hi BT,

I received a call a few days ago about my BT sport. In order to continue receiving a discount for the BT sport on my Sky Box I needed to re-contract. I was more than happy to do so. I then received a flurry of probably unncecessary emails about 'my order' and a new billing payment, going up from £80 per month to £94.50 a month which will commence from October. My concern is why has BT not taken the direct debit in October yet. Normally DD gets taken around the last day/first day of the month. So i would expect to see payment go out on 1st October. But here we are on 3rd October and nothing has been taken. So when is my next payment going to happen? The last thing I would want to risk is a loss of broadband service because through no fault of my own I haven’t paid BT.

Also why is the increase so large from £80 month to £94 month? I am actually baffled as to how expensive the monthly payment is. I have been paying £80 for a long long time. I only have BT infinity and a landline with BT aswell as the BT sport. How does that come to £80 every month? It seems incredibly high (I could probably get a whole full sky TV package plus broadband for around that amount).

Also I am upgrading to Sky Q at weekend. Received a new sky card in the post. Presumably I need to contact BT to tell them my new number? I did raise this on the phone with the lady who called me and she said no need as Sky will inform BT of the switchover. But I am dubious about this as she didn't sound 100% confident

Regards

Wayne

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why is BT not billing me, direct debit should have been taken on 1st October

try billing live chat nd see if they can clear things up for you   https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/public/echat/prechatsurvey.html?type=r&webreason=10007&num=98...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: Why is BT not billing me, direct debit should have been taken on 1st October

Yeah I did try that earlier but I'll give it another go. The time counter started at 10 minutes and just kept going up so I got fed up and hoped a moderator would pick this up.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

FInally got through to chat, apparently bill can be after the 1st and they are taking it today. Still cannot see it on online banking but will trust them

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 5

My guess is you're paying by monthly payment plan, rather than whole bill direct debit, which explains why your monthly amount increased.

Speak with billing and ask them to recalculate the MPP again, if you're in credit why not go whole bill direct debit ? It takes away all the guessing, so you'll only ever pay what you owe.