cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manonhaf
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Why is my Fibre 1 broadband order being cancelled on the same day as I make it?

Hi, 

I'm trying to get to the bottom of a problem placing an order with BT. I placed an order with BT yesterday for Fibre 1 broadband. I went through the whole process, including booking an engineer appointment, received a confirmation email and an hour later was informed that the order had been cancelled, with no explanation.  I had a quick look on the help pages to try figuring out what had gone wrong, and ended up just placing the order again.

The same thing has happened again - BT have cancelled my order, with the following message: You told us you want to cancel your order. If that's not right, or you've changed your mind, please click here to Contact Us.

I haven't asked for the orders to be cancelled. Could it be a capacity problem? Would BT cancel the order if they can't offer the promised speeds? Or am I missing something?

I will call BT later , but any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Manon

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why is my Fibre 1 broadband order being cancelled on the same day as I make it?

are you currently a BT customer or trying to move from another ISP?

can you enter either your phone number or address and post results  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Manonhaf
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Re: Why is my Fibre 1 broadband order being cancelled on the same day as I make it?

I am a new customer, and there is currently no internet or landline at the property. I will follow that link now...
0 Ratings
Manonhaf
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 53.7 35 10 6.8 32.4 Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 52.4 35 10 6.3 30 Available --
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1 -- 1 to 3 Available
ADSL Max Up to 0.75 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Exchange Product Restrictions Status
FTTP Priority Exchange N
WLR Withdrawal N
SOADSL Restriction Y
The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 22 Jun 2018.
In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Thank you for your interest
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

as you can see from checker results your cabinet is available so not that which is causing problem  more likely that you need to get phone line installed first and then follow with broadband once address has been registered

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

As @imjolly  has said, you need a landline first. You can then add broadband to it, and that will include the cost of the line rental.

Make sure the place you are living in, is registered on the Post Office postcode database.

Place an order using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing.

0 Ratings
Manonhaf
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Hi both,

Thanks for the replies. I had to place an order for the landline to be reconnected as part of the broadband order. As far as I can see that's what the engineer appointment is for?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

is there an existing openreach line to the home and master socket?  if so you don't need an engineer visit any connections are done externally

0 Ratings
Manonhaf
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

There was a line to the house, but it was cut at the door a couple of years ago. There is no BT  master socket.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

ok  so you need openreach to fit phone line and master socket and then you should be able to get your broadband and you can see from the earlier dslchecker results the expected speed range

0 Ratings