cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Why is the renewal price almost doubling at checkout?

Hello 

I have just finished a Halo2 contract (in Feb) and want to arrange a Full Fibre 500 package at £39.99 a month.  When I log in with my account details, and go to checkout it says Full Fibre 500 £64.99 and I CANNOT change it. 

As per usual I cannot get through to BT, chat doesn't work and there is no way of sorting this so I am just becoming more and more frustrated.  The app is pointless as you can't set this up on the app either.  

Please can anyone help?  Why is the price £39.99 showing as £64.99 for an existing customer? 

Thank you 
Sarah

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Why is the renewal price almost doubling at checkout?

Are you keeping the halo add on? Are you keeping the ability to make/receive calls on your home phone?  The price you are quoting is broadband only

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I don't want to keep the Halo add on but I cannot see anywhere that says to remove it.  I have just selected Full Fibre 500 at £39.99 and £5 pay as you go calls - I don't want anything else just the broadband and the £5 call package but on checkout it says £66.99. 

I assumed the current package would just cancel since it is out of contract and I am renewing?

Thank you so much. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @scottielands   As an existing customer, you will never get a new customer price (they already have you). Especially, if you have Halo. They seem extremely reluctant to take it off once you have it. I had to leave and order another ISP (you have to really mean it) before BT offered a package (without Halo) with the same speed at half the price that I was paying.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thank you - I have read this online, people saying that BT won't release you from Halo.  ABSOLUTELY not having that - I will happily leave if this is the case.  Thank you for the advice. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @scottielands   It is interesting, in my "special" offers, I can now add Halo to my package and only pay 120% more!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

120% more so (100+120) 220% of the original price?

*So looking into this I'm being offered BT TV Pro at a price that would make long-time subscribers cry!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Crimliarwrote:

120% more so (100+120) 220% of the original price?

Hi @Crimliar 

Sorry, I grossly underestimated the increase. The actual "Online Exclusive"  is 196% more or 296% of the current price. This was the package I was on before.

0 Ratings