Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chrisp18
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Why is the usage monitor still not working

Very disappointed to find that the broadband usage monitor is still not available.

As I am on a 10GB monthly limit it's frustrating not to be able to check my use as I have not seen anyting to suggest the incorrect YouView logging problem has been resolved.

I have used tbbMeter from thinkbroadband.com but this seems to make any restarts really long so have had to abandon it for the time being. I have also used BitMeter OS but this seems to lose the server periodically.

I'm sure there must be a more reliable way to check this via the Home Hub but have no idea how so any suggestions welcome.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
bilco99
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Why is the usage monitor still not working

However, when you try to use the usage monitor you get the following message which would indicate that if you're on a limited usage per month you're going to be a lot better off when it doesn't work:

The usage monitor is currently not available for a small number of customers. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and as you're not able to view the usage monitor we will not charge you for going over your usage limit this month. You don't need to do anything, we'll take care of that.

So actually you should be hoping they delay fixing it for as long as possible. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

I think the "small number of customers" is slightly understated, this question has been asked several times and I get the impression that I and the others who have faulty broadband usage monitor are bigger than a "small number"

Still I won't complain because there is such a thing as a "free lunch" and I for one will take all the time in the world to eat it.Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Nice to see that I also are part of a select group of a small number of customers........
0 Ratings
Elkana
Message 5 of 10

Hi, where did you find the quote about not paying if going over the limit if usage monitor is not working? I might need it. Many thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

It should appear only if you cannot used the usage meter
0 Ratings
pockets
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

its been unavailiable to me for nearly 2 weeks , sent a e mail via this forum , did get a phone call from india , told  they"d get a tech to look into it was told verbally that i have used only just over half of monthly allowance of 40gb , but seem to have a £5 fup fine so dont unerstand why ? got a reply to email today titled with someone elses name and talking about slow broadband , completely irrelavant to my particular issues ,not impressed

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 10

Hi Pockets,

Did you send an email to us (Moderators) via clicking on a moderator profile and filling out the contact us link?

If you take a look at my profile you should see the contact link.
Chris
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
pockets
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

yes twice and still the same for over three weeks , there"s quite a few threads regarding this problem dating back to 2010 so obviously a reoccuring issue ,not very usefull when you need this facility to check that one doesnt go over limit and inccur penalties at£5 increments, seems alot of people dsipute the recorded usage figures even when it is up and running

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

I have just checked "My BT" and my usage monitor is now workingSmiley Sad ! It shows both the Youview usage as not counting towards the overall figure and, in my case 10 GB for 7 days, that do count towards my infinity 40 GB monthly limit.

You can't get away with a good thing for ever,Smiley Frustrated I will have to take a bit more notice/care, of my usage, in the future.

0 Ratings