cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Why should I be denied these latest packages?

It annoys me, as a BT customer for centuries, that I cannot avail myself of the latest BB and phone packages now being advertised on the BT website. I'l love to have unlimited BB usage for £16/month. I currently pay £10/mth for only 10Gb.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Why should I be denied these latest packages?

as DS has posted before with good negotiation when renewing your contract you can get £10 pm for unlimited BB - like DS I have.  so existing customer renewing can get a better deal than a new customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

To add.......;)

If you're close to the end of your current contract, or better still if you've gone over the minimum term, give BT a call, even ask to go through to retentions and see what they can offer;). IMHO never renew online.

You may be surprised by what deals are on - eg. BB option 3, UAT calls, BTV (PPV/PAYG not available anymore) and line rental for around £30 pm.

And you don't need to accept the first deal on offer - tell them you'll think about it and that you'll call them back after you've thought about it, you may get a lower price on subsequent calls:o;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 4 of 7

My current contract ends in July and, yes, I would never apply or buy packages online. I always want to speak to someone in these circumstances. However a friend of mine only last week negotiatied the 40GB/mth deal which seems strange now that this seems to have been ditched. He managed this for an extra £1.65/mith uprgrading from Option 1, that is and paying 12 months rental in advance.

This whole paraphernalia is far too complex and suffers from variability.

Can one have upgrades mid-term in one's contract?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

40meg?

BT still do 40Mb (well up to 38Mb but that's close enough) with a 40GB limit or the same speed but totally unlimited

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages

Yes, you can upgrade anytime you like, but your 'ammo' for a good deal will be reduced in comparison to being at or very near the end of your current contract

edit. Upgrading would put you on a minimum contract of 12 months.

0 Ratings
HHGTTG
Expert
Message 6 of 7

@DS wrote:

40meg?

BT still do 40Mb (well up to 38Mb but that's close enough) with a 40GB limit or the same speed but totally unlimited

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/packages

Yes, you can upgrade anytime you like, but your 'ammo' for a good deal will be reduced in comparison to being at or very near the end of your current contract

edit. Upgrading would put you on a minimum contract of 12 months.

Silly me. Of course I meant 40GB limit. Sorry for my carelessness.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

No worries, you just confused me a tad:)

0 Ratings