cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debra9647
Message 1 of 3

Why won't BT sort out their mistake???

After being a customer for several years and my contract being up, as I was told by a BT representative when I phoned in March, I switched to another provider as not only could they offer a much more competitive price (I shaved over £10 off my monthly bill for home phone and broadband) they were much more helpful.   BT could not offer a competitive price for staying with them so I switched.  Prior to making this decision, I specifically asked BT about my contract and was assured that I was out of contract and would not incur any charges for leaving.  What a joke!!  BT have erroneously sent me a bill for £11. stating I was NOT out of contract, when I was told on 2 seperate phone conversation that I defintely was.  I had been with you for several years, and never missed or delayed payment to you.  When I phone to try and sort this out, not only does it take ages to get through to someone who I cant understand, they will not listen and just insist I owe the money.  IBT have now passed the £11 debt to a credit agency who have started their harrassing techniques (phoning me at work, constant mobile calls, etc)  I explained this to credit agency and they referred back to BT, after several attempts to speak with BT, and asking to speak to a supervisor, who was going to listen to my earlier phone call and get back to me, this is still not sorted.

What is going on here BT? I realise I could just pay the £11 (which has now been increased as it was referred to a credit agency) but why should I when I was told I was out of contract and would not owe any money (my account was in credit as I always paid monthly in advance)

And why do you not have an email address to contact you?? I work and find it very difficult to phone you and hold for ages only to be either cut off being transferred and having to start the call all over again or getting a so called customer service representative who is far from helpful. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why won't BT sort out their mistake???

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

I have asked a moderator for assistance.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why won't BT sort out their mistake???

Hi Debra9647,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings