cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Will BT drop the line rental

Go to solution

Just wondered, why I have to pay Line rental, when I don't use the home phone and why BT don't just offer a Broadband package only. esp now, as I'm on a HUB2 and my phone line is being upgraded to digital and using my broadband connection, I wonder why I'm still being asked to pay a Line rental when if any phone calls I make in the future won't be on the old copper wire infrastructure. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Will BT drop the line rental

Go to solution

You are a little behind the times, BT do have the option to have broadband service without any telephony element , calling it ‘no line rental’ , is in my opinion a mis description , as there obviously is still a ‘line’ that delivers the service ( fibre or copper ) and it is rented,  it’s just a case of does it deliver one or two services .

I hope you are not someone who expects  broadband  on its own to be around £20 cheaper than combined phone and broadband , the saving is much less , ( AFAIK  list price difference is  £5 ) but the option to make or receive any type of call, even 0800 numbers and 999  is removed .