cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Will BT tell my former ISP I have left/am leaving?

I was of the mind that BT tells my previous Internet provider that I am leaving. Is this actually the case, or do I have to do all the legwork to manually shut everything down with my former provider? I am still getting billed by them. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Will BT tell my former ISP I have left/am leaving?

if you use the openreach connection for your internet and take out a new contract with BT then BT should automatically advise your existing ISP that they are now taking over your phone line and becoming a BT customer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

BT serve your notice to the old provider , assuming both providers are using Openreach network and the correct gaining provider led migration process is used, if ( for example ) you moved to BT from a company that doesn’t use Openreach, then you probably should advise that company yourself, otherwise they will continue to provide service and bill you for it.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@LetItLoad 

Bear in mind that if you have  Openreach "fibre" broadband (FTTC), you will lose your existing connection, and if the cabinet is full, then you may end up with a basic broadband connection.

0 Ratings