Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzieMc
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Woeful customer service

Hi All

I'm new to the forum having recently (and foolishly!) returned to BT now that Infinity is available. I'm looking for help/advice on how to get help from BT before I throw my new equipment through a window in complete and utter frustration at their lack of ability to get my new service working.

I previously had Sky phone line/copper DSL but when FTTC was made available I cancelled my Sky subscription and, on 14 June, placed an online order for Infinity and BT TV. Welcome emails arrived along with confirmation of a start date of 21st June and an engineers visit on the same day.  I hadn't requested an engineer but duly booked a day off work and sat and waited, and waited..... 6pm came and went, no engineer. So I plugged in the new equipment but nothing, dead line and red flashing light on the router.  Unfortunately I was then out of the country for two days and couldn't call BT to check on my order until 24th.

On 24th I began the first of what turns out to be numerous frustrating calls. The first lady I spoke to checked and told me that the original order hadn't gone through as there was a problem so she'd put me through to the 'custom team' to have a new one raised. During transfer that call was dropped and I tried again. I asked the second agent to put me through to custom team but he insisted he'd be able to help me himself and supposedly raised a new order, telling me that BT would call me next day to arrange install.

Today, no call from BT so I started to call them at around 2pm. I've made a string of calls, been through to various departments, been put on hold for so long that systems have cut me off twice. I've spoken to off-shore agents and UK ones. I've variously been told that there is an issue with my order, I was even told that the order has completed so it must be working! Over and over again I've patiently explained its not working, my new number is invalid if I call it. One guy even told me it must be a PSTN fault and gave me the number of Openreach to call them to sort it out! Openreach obviously told me that they don't deal with consumers but the guy took pity and checked my line - it doesn't exist. The final guy I got through to asked me to hold for a moment - 45 minutes later the call cut out.

In total I've spent around 4 hours on the phone to BT today and I've had enough of being lied to and passed on when the problem that I'm describing is too difficult to resolve. To me its simple, something hasn't been completed in the provisioning process - it's not rocket science surely??

The order was raised online on 14th June, I understand that I have a 14 days cooling off period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to get attention from the right team before I totally lose it?

Sorry - that turned out to be a long rant!!

Spoiler
Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
SuzieMc
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: Woeful customer service

Whoops, no idea how that 'spoiler' tag appeared there - obviously fat finger/newbie syndrome!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Only people here that can help you are the forum mods who are BT employees. They will,most a contact us link here tomorrow 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 2/3 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SuzieMc
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Ah thank you for the advice and for taking the time to respond. I've only just found the forum so wasn't sure how it all worked. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi @SuzieMc,

First off, I'd like to say that I'm sorry you aren't getting the service you need. We'll take a look into it for you. Click on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll send us through an email. It'll take us a few days to get back to you but we will.

If you'd like some good info on using the Forums check out this:

Forum Help

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
SuzieMc
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Daniel - contact form completed. I've tried to be succinct and include just salient facts rather than full history of failed resolution attempts. 

Really appreciate your prompt response, it's just a real shame that the regular customer service channels don't give the same level of service.

I'll feed back on here once my issue is resolved (she says, eagerly anticipating positive results!!)

Cheers

0 Ratings
SuzieMc
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Daniel - at the same time as venting on this forum last night I also sent an email to Libby Barr, not really expecting a response. However, to my surprise, I've had a response today and an assurance that the Executive Level Complaints team will investigate and come back to me by Tuesday.

In light of this I wouldn't want to duplicate effort or waste your valuable time (as I'm sure you've got plenty of other people to help out!).

Unless you think I am misguided in my optimism that the ELC team will help, I don't think I need your assistance to investigate my issues?

I'll let you know how I get on.

Many thanks

Sue

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @SuzieMc,

Thank you for posting back and for sending in your details. I had a look at your account and can confirm the ELC have picked up your case. With the ELC team picking up your case, it would be best to leave them to deal as to avoid any double handing and confusion.

The ELC will do everything they can to resolve your case.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings