cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Worried about being locked in to a 2 year contract

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me more than BT on the phone can...

I recently phoned up BT about full fibre about the person I spoke with told me I had to wait a few more days, however, in the meantime, if I wanted to he could lock in a cheaper price on my contract (BT broadband + BT sport).

He did this very quickly, and didn't run through any terms and conditions.

What I didn't release is that it would lock me into another contract for 2 years.

A few days ago, I managed to phone up and upgrade to full fibre, at the same time i enquired about the price lock - in that I actually changed my mind as I didn't want to lock myself in to BT Sport for another 2 years (although I'm perfectly happy to lock in the BT broadband for 2 years).

He told me something the person would have said something about waiving my right to any cancellation rights - I said I didn't think he did say that, but he ignored me and just put through the full fibre order instead.  I thought, that's okay I'll sort it out after this call.

I called straight back and was told to phone next week (i.e. this week) as there's an open order. I've now called back, and been told that because there's an open order (the full fibre won't go through until June), I cannot change my contract AT ALL until then.

However in June (when the full fibre is installed) the value team should be able to revert back to my original contract end date on the BT Sport (i.e. Nov this year).

I asked to speak with the Value team now to double check this, but she refused to pass me through as she said 'they won't let me pass you through with an open order'.

Is she correct, will i have the opportunity to revert back to my original end date? Or do I need to try again and speak to the value team again before it's too late? Or is it too late already and do I need to somehow raise a compliant so that they can listen back to that first call to understand if the person did or didn't run through the terms and conditions?

Thank you!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Worried about being locked in to a 2 year contract

As BT Sport is available instantly, there is no cooling off period but that doesn't waive your rights if you were not informed of this.

Your open order does restrict being able to make changes, that was correct, it should be noted on your account though that you called regarding BT Sport cancellation, if you're sure you were not informed of this you can raise a request for a call observation to be done, if you're rights were not explained then BT Sports can be ceased, if you were informed then it would be expected to honour the agreement.

Ring 0800 800 150, explain you want the call reviewed when the BT Sport renewal was placed.

0 Ratings