Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biggles24
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Wrong Broadband Delivery Address

Go to solution

Last June I moved into a new home in the middle of a building site.  At the time all I had was a Plot No for an address however I was able to sign up for Fibre 1 Broadband from BT.   I've had no problems with the service!

Late last year I was give a proper address (rather than the Plot No) by the Council.

Last month my road was upgraded to full fibre by Openreach, however I cannot upgrade as the delivery address is wrong on the BT system. I have contacted BT numerous times but nobody appears to know how to correct this delivery address issue.

I have checked;

- the Royal Mail address database and they have my correct (proper) address. They do not have the Plot No address in the database.

-  the Openreach database and they have both my Plot No and my proper address.

- MyBT and my Billing address is correct.

I did think about putting a move request into BT to move from my Plot No to my Proper address however I'm not sure if that would just cause more problems.

So, does anybody know how to resolve this?  

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wrong Broadband Delivery Address

Go to solution

Hi @biggles24 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you were unable to get this resolved when you called in, if the address is incorrect on the Openreach database an ORDI request needs to be sent to them to get that corrected.

I'll send you a message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. You'll get the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
biggles24
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @biggles24, sorry it took a bit longer than I expected but I can confirm that your address record has been corrected now on all systems.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @biggles24, thanks for your PM and great news to hear you're able to order full fibre now 🙂

Cheers
John

0 Ratings