Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dibsob
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Wrong Broadband Delivery Address

Go to solution

Hi there

I've been checking the community and it seems mine is a common problem. My billing address is correct, but the delivery address is to another, completely unrelated, flat in my block. I only found out when the tenants moved out and left all their unopened post in the hall. My email address, account number, all sent to the wrong place. This must have been going on for years - no wonder I never received a new hub. Surprised I haven't been a victim of identity theft.

Looking at previous posts, it seems to be an Openreach problem.

I don't want to call BT as a) they don't seem to be able to help anyway, by the looks of other posts, and b) it always seems to result in my broadband being cancelled (three times one particular year!). Also, it just take hours - you think it's sorted and nothing changes. Is there anyone competent who could help me untangle this, please, or a decent contact I could ring?

Many thanks for any help anyone can give me.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Wrong Broadband Delivery Address

Go to solution

is your address correct on royal mail database?

Is BT still your ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dibsob
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Sorry - yes. Should have said that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

so which address is correct royal mail, openreach or BT   just if mail getting delivered to upstair flat???

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dibsob
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

The Royal Mail address is correct - there are seventeen flats at our postcode.

The BT billing address is fine - that comes up correct on my bills and in my account.

It's the delivery address for the service that's the problem. It's only by chance I found the letter saying my broadband contract is coming to an end and telling me to check the new options This was sent to the wrong address.

I have no contact with the other address - it's a constant stream of new tenants.

I know what happened - when setting up the account some lazy devil couldn't be bothered to scroll down the list of flats at the same postcode and just went with the one which came at the top.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

so this has nothing to do with openreach if it is your billing address at BT  sounds more like there are 2 addresses on BT files for you  have you checked in MYBT for current address on file

0 Ratings
Dibsob
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

The billing address in My BT is correct. I have checked everything several times. There is nowhere I can access that shows the incorrect address at all.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Dibsob,

I can take a look at your BT account to make sure the address details are correct.

I've sent you a Private Mail with details on how to contact the Forum Moderation team. We have been busy the last few days so it will likely be a day or two before we will get back to you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Dibsob
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks for this - I've sent the details and I'll wait to hear from you.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@Dibsob many thanks for your patience whilst I waited for Openreach to update their records. I can confirm that everything has been updated and your address details have been corrected. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”