cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plangston
Message 1 of 2

Wrong Postcode

About 12 months ago I tried to get BT services to my house where I have lived for 24 years. I was initially informed that this was not possible as my house postcode did not match that held by BT openreach. The helpdesk operator said they would sort it. After a few days I was told the order had to be cancelled but they would re-open and sort it. 5 times this happened before I e mailed the CEO personally. He assigned someone else to the case who again failed to deliver. After fending off several bills for works that had never been completed and a service I never had I went with Virgin. I have now left them but cannot engage with either BT or any other providers as there is still the issue of the postcode mis match apparently. If this is not sorted soon then a civil case may have to ensue as I am being disadvantaged financially and having my choices curtailed by the incorrect data held by OpenReach. It's not difficult to change  data but I feel this is just a lack of will if not sheer bloody mindedness...any answers anywhere???

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wrong Postcode

Hi @plangston,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had trying to get your details corrected by Openreach.

Service Providers have a way of contacting Openreach to query address details or to ask that they update them. This is something that we may be able to help you with. However; can you check your address with the Royal Mail address checker site? Make sure your address shows up there. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings