Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaymanning
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Wrong address and postcode registered

Hello, 

We have been in our new build property 6 months and have been having problems ordering broadband. We know we have FTTP, only last week we realised that it has been registered under the old postcode and a plot number instead of the house name and new postcode with openreach. 

I have placed an order using the plot number and old postcode as that is all I could do and really need my broadband up and running before Christmas!

How do I go about getting the address changed to the correct address and postcode? Will the order I placed still work or will it be cancelled? My neighbour tried to order with you using the new address and postcode and it was cancelled.

Hopefully someone can help

Thank you 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wrong address and postcode registered

@Kaymanning 

Welcome to this user forum.

Who have you placed your order with?

Is the Openreach modem already installed?

0 Ratings
Kaymanning
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have ordered through bt and yes the modem is fitted and the PON light is green. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Kaymanning wrote:

I have ordered through bt and yes the modem is fitted and the PON light is green. 

Then it maybe best to speak to the FTTP team to make sure that its registered against your address. You may need to give them the serial number of the modem.

They are on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Kaymanning
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you for your help. I'll try them tomorrow and fingers crossed it can sorted.
0 Ratings
Kaymanning
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Spoke to the FTTP team this morning, modem is registered to the old postcode. They said that the order will still go through and will work and then when it is up and running they will be able to sort out changing the postcode and putting the house number and name rather than the plot number. 

However this evening it has come up with order cancelled. I haven't cancelled the order. Tried to do a new order which came up with Friday 27th as the activation date and again order cancelled. Can't get hold of anyone from openreach they just tell me to go through my provider. 

0 Ratings