cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarahc20161
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Wrong charges on my bill

I signed up to bt for the 50mb package £27.99 a month with £9.99 delivery charge, I have a screenshot of the email confirming this.  I received my first bill and their is no sign of the £9.99 charge, it has been changed to a charge for taking over an existing line and an engineer visit charge.  I spoke to one of your colleagues through live chat prior to this engineer visit as I received an email saying an engineer was coming when I clearly did not ask for a visit as I could set up myself.  I was assured by live chat agen that I would not be charged for this, I also have screenshot to confirm this.  I am not happy with these charges and would like someone to sort this out please. I don't have access to a phone to call bt and live chat is down.  Can anyone help please.  Thankyou 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Wrong charges on my bill

@Sarahc20161 

This is only a customer to customer help forum, the only BT Employees are the moderators, who are only dealing with welfare and vulnerable customer priority escalations at present, due to the large number of outstanding requests, and only a couple of them on duty.

You can only contact BT by phone, if its urgent.

0 Ratings
Sarahc20161
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

As I mentioned in my first message I can't access a phone to make calls and have no one to make a call for me.  I always use live chat to contact BT.   Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

as @Keith_Beddoe said the only method to contact BT is by phone whether landline or mobile

as a BT broadband customer your landline will work and maybe if you don't have a phone you can borrow one or you can use mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings