Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Wrong contract

Go to solution
Hello, I used bt for a year and my contract was ending end of February. My bill used to be 34 pounds something. I started receiving a swarm of letters from bt with offers to renew the contract. Initially the discount was down to 32 pounds something, but in December it went down to 30 and then 28 (a later letter that I didn't see) . I accepted it and received an email confirming that I agree to your terms on 32 pounds, which I disputed via live chat and I was told that offer is only valid for direct debit customers whihh is NOT what the letter said. The only condition to be met was accepting the offer. I raised a dispute and received a phone call from bt. The person said they offer me 28 pounds something a month contract and if I decide to set up a direct debit at any time it will be lowered to 26 pounds something. He read some terms and conditions, exit fees and I accepted. Now I received the first bill on the new contract and it says 32 pounds.. I contacted the useless live chat and the assistant says I've accepted that offer and that's what the letter said and I very clearly remember all letters offering A FURTHER reduction not the same price..
I had the exact same issue when I first joined bt.
I feel scammed..
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wrong contract

Go to solution

@Neb Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums, I'm really sorry to see there are issues with your new contract. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you.

0 Ratings