Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Wrong delivery address

Go to solution

I have noticed several others have had this problem which is kind of a comfort!

I've been trying for 7 years to get BT to log the correct address to send any equipment to. Our bills and correspondence come to the right address but physical equipment such as routers, accelerators, etc.  are addressed to the previous owner of our house and with no house name.

How on earth can I get Openreach/BT to log the correct address? The last router we had sent to us we only took delivery of because I intercepted the Parcelforce van driver who was on the verge of returning it with 'inadequate address' on the box.

We were going to upgrade to fibre but when the order tracking info. email came through it showed the wrong address AGAIN so we cancelled it!

Please can a moderator or someone help? Like another BT customer I was thinking of going public about this as it's incredibly frustrating.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
roguesfi
Message 2 of 26

Re: Wrong delivery address

Go to solution

BT Wholesale and Openreach use a database provided by Royal Mail, BT consumer ( The company that supply your service) need to contact them on your behalf to get this changed. Call 0800 169 1663 open a complaint and keep escalating to a higher manager (mention the ombudsman often) until they do this.

0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

I'm not doubting you but when I googled that number it seemed to the the BT Bereavement Service! I shall try it tomorrow.

Also, how is it we get our bills etc. with the correct address on?

Thanks for the reply.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Is your address correct on Royal Mail database?  If so maybe mods could help get bt address changed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
roguesfi
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

Essbee, bereavement is part of BT consumers Camp 2 helpteam (known internally as 2b) call tomorrow between 8-8  it's the best number available externally to help you. Good luck. 🙂

0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks, can only give it a try!
0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Wrong address on equipment

Go to solution

I did post this in another thread but no Mod has contacted me and they seem to be the movers and shakers!

For 7 years since we moved to our house any equipment has had the wrong address on it. It shows the name of the man we bought it from, and with no house name. We only received a router because the postman recognised my husband's name but recently another piece of kit was about to be returned by Parcelforce as undeliverable.

I've tried numerous times to get BT to log the right address. Last week we decided to go for fibre broadband. The email confirming tracking info. showed, to my horror, the old wrong address! So we cancelled the order and are still using the copper connection.

Can a Mod PLEASE help me with this? I see they have helped others with this problem in the past. Something called an ORDI request needs to be raised and I understand I can't contact Openreach myself. Very grateful for any help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Re: Wrong address on equipment

Go to solution

you never replied to confirm your address is correct on royal mail database

did you also try the number that was posted?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
essbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution
How can I know if it's correct on Royal Mail d/base? No idea where to start.
I thought I'd try to get a Mod to help me before calling that number as they have helped others but for some reason are ignoring me.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

I tried google  you could try google  i got this  https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

need to confirm address on royal mail is correct then can see if mods can help

you could give the number a call and see if they can help

0 Ratings