cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenterden
Message 1 of 6

Wrong extra charges for broadband use

Hi there,

I have a broadband package subscription for Broadband Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited to the tune of £49.49 per month.

In the last month I have been getting emails and extra charges because my usage has gone above 50 GB.

So my question is:   

Why does my package state Unlimited but this is limited to 50GB????

A confused and lightly irked customer (XXXXXXXX) 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Wrong extra charges for broadband use

If you're billed for a package with unlimited usage but being charged for excess allowance, you have what's known as a data integrity issue on your package.
My guess is you were previously on a 50GB plan, upgraded to unlimited but something didn't write back correctly, so you're billed for the new unlimited package but charged for exceeding an allowance on a previous promotion.

Contact BT, explain the situation and they'll raise a DI (data integrity) request on the account, once resolved you can request the billing team refund any incorrect charges.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @tenterden,

It sounds like you are on our Superfast Fibre 1 50GB package which is not the same as our Unlimited package. When did you place your order for an unlimited data service? Do you have any emails that show the usage? 

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
tenterden
Message 4 of 6

This is the info which is on MY BT under my package.  It clearly says unlimited and unlimited usage.

Your package overview

Broadband

Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited
  • Unlimited usage
  • Average 50Mb download speed
  • Free access to over 5 million UK Wi-Fi hotspots
  • 200GB secure online storage with BT Cloud
  • BT Parental Controls, BT Web Protect & BT Virus Protect for worry free browsing
0 Ratings
tenterden
Message 5 of 6

Many thanks for your kind advice. I will phone BT and see what they come up with. Will keep you posted.
0 Ratings
tenterden
Message 6 of 6

I went on the online chat with BT this morning and my query is now being investigated - hopefully my extra charges will be refunded. So I am waiting with anticipation for my next bill.