Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ian59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Wrong phone number against account when placing order

Go to solution

I've just moved house and had to change number and downgrade from Infinity 1/UHD TV due to no fibre being available to my new address.  However, I have noticed that I have now got the BT TV Kids add-on which I have never had previously and have no requirement for as the youngest person in the house is in their late 50's!

When I try to manage the add-on to remove it, I am taken to an order creation page and I am asked to confirm my account details.  If I click the "Home" button the page displays my correct account number but the telephone number given is for my old address and the order fails with a message saying that I do not have a telephone contract.  If I click the "Or enter the details of another phone line" button and enter my correct phone number and postcode I get a different message saying that I cannot place an order as I have asked to leave BT.

When I go into "my BT" & check "overview" it displays my correct account details and new number.

Is there any way for me to remove the old number so I can place orders or, alternatively, is this something a mod can help me with?

Regards,

Ian

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Wrong phone number against account when placing order

Go to solution

try billing online chat and see if they can help you

https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/public/echat/prechatsurvey.html?type=r&webreason=10007&num=98...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ian59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Tried online chat but they could not help. Advised me to phone 0800 800 150 which I'll try later on.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @ian59 sorry that your online account is not showing the correct phone number.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us over your details. Please click on my profile and select the contact the mods option to complete the form.
Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ian59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks John,

I've completed the form as requested.

Regards,

Ian

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @ian59 Thanks for getting back to my email and glad to see that most things are now resolved. The error re moving from BT was due to an old open transfer request from a few months back. I've now got this cancelled off and the system should update overnight so please try again tomorrow and let me know if you still get any errors when trying to change things through your online account.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@ian59wrote:

I've just moved house and had to change number and downgrade from Infinity 1/UHD TV due to no fibre being available to my new address.  However, I have noticed that I have now got the BT TV Kids add-on which I have never had previously and have no requirement for as the youngest person in the house is in their late 50's!

You did used to have them, the kids channels are part of all the top TV packages, they are included and not optional, if you had UHD then you were a Max customer (previously known as total entertainment), you most likely just never noticed them before.

At least you're all sorted now 🙂

0 Ratings
ian59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@-Richie- wrote:

You did used to have them, the kids channels are part of all the top TV packages, they are included and not optional, if you had UHD then you were a Max customer (previously known as total entertainment), you most likely just never noticed them before.

I knew they were part of Max but they started charging for them when I moved address in June even although I was still on Max/UHD.

All now sorted thanks to John.

Regards,

Ian

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @ian59 Thanks for checking that for me and I'm glad that I was able to resolve everything for you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings