cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loraine
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Wrongfully Declined Top Cashback

From looking through the forum, this seems to be a recurring problem, and this seems to the only place where it looks like customers get answers.  I chose BT in part because of the generous cashback incentive. My house is a new build and for some reason, the account was set up on the system using next door but one's address.  A new order was placed by BT on my behalf the very next day  (25th March). This meant that the original order I placed via the TCB portal was cancelled and yep, you guessed - the cashback got 'declined'.  I raised a ticket on 6th May, and it flew back because I couldn't find the  'right VOL' number or the correct order number (even that is a shenanigan in itself - I had multiple failed equipment deliveries and am still awaiting delivery of the internet line handsets) but I got there in the end and the last message from TCB was on 8th June stating that the claim has been submitted and it's been stuck there ever since.  How do I get this progressed?  I called BT Customer Service and one person said 'leave until the end of July and then we can step in'.  I did so and when I called again, I was told told that 'it's nothing to do with us go back to TCB'.  

Suggestions please??

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
PaddyB
Message 2 of 2

Re: Wrongfully Declined Top Cashback

Hi @Loraine,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. If your first order was canceled and had to be redone then this would have caused the order not to track corrected back to TCB. If you send me your details, I'll be able to get in touch with the promotion team and they'll be able to link your order back to TCB. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings