cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

Just upgraded to a new package, I have an email afterwards that says:

Great news. Your broadband package has Game Pass Ultimate 12 months included at no extra cost, and you can start using it straight away.

Then after activation (I clicked the link in the email to My BT), it is only 1 month until December 2021 on my manage page. 

And also I get an email that says 

Thanks for activating your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

It'll be £10.00 a month. You'll see this on your bill.

So do I get a free 12 months or not?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 405

Hi @lnmnky, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

Don't worry about the 1 month as we will know that you've got either a 6 or 12 month subscription offer with the BT offer.
Once you have completed the sign up you will see the correct date for expiry date for the free offer.

cheers

John

Message 13 of 405

I just upgraded my Fibre Broadband and tried adding the 12 months free. When I check my Xbox app, it says the Ultimate expires on 27/12/2021.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 405

Hi @takkischitt, please would you log in to your MyBT and check the pass there and you should see the correct information.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 405

Hi John

It just says "Your monthly subscription will renew on 04/12/2021 and every month after that."

Should it renew for free automatically?
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 405

Hi @takkischitt, thanks for logging in and checking that. It will renew automatically each month and if you no longer require it after the free 12 months you will need to cancel it.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 405

Thanks for the clarification, John.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 405

This does not work.  I asked microsoft and they replied with this:

"That is a promo code actually, provided through purchasing a third party subscription. Same thing happens when Discord subscribers when they buy Discord, they get an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code, that's also a promo code. The code being a promo code is why you're unable to redeem it on the account, due to the fact that you already benefited from special offers of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate."

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 405

Hi @anthonyball1966 Thanks for your posts, we'd like to highlight this with the BT team who are in charge of the Xbox passes and I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 405

Thanks, I've just replied to your PM. 🙂