cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

Oh I see, fair enough.

Hopefully BT have updated their description if yours said that from the start. People were confused here for multiple reasons though, including not being able to see their pre-paid time on the Microsoft site after adding the offer code. 

The original text when you claimed your code was something like "this might show up as a 1 month code, but don't worry, we know you've got six months", but didn't go into any detail as to how this would actually work. It also didn't explain what would happen to existing pre-paid time.

BT were asked to clarify in this thread, but seemed confused themselves at the time. All Microsoft could say was that we'd added a one month code.

This is what we see on the BT site, incidentally:

Mogster_0-1640906920065.png

This made it even more confusing when that end time was before our existing pre-paid time! I'm assuming BT would start taking out £10 a month to add more extra months after this point, which you wouldn't want if you had a bunch of pre-paid time already. I've set mine not to auto-renew.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 405

I just successfully claimed my 12 month free Game Pass Ultimate subscription. They sent me an email a few weeks a back with the following instructions. I waited for my current subscription monthly subscription to expire and then redeemed it on the My BT website.

michaelsaleem_1-1640941349035.png

Before redeeming Xbox Game Pass 12 month plan

michaelsaleem_0-1640941328980.png

After redeeming Xbox Game Pass 12 month plan:

michaelsaleem_2-1640941540646.png

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 405

I think this is the best way to do it for existing subscribers.  Issue with me is that I added it during my sub so I can't tell if I get 12 months or not.  Right now my GPU sub ends in August next year so unless it gains a month every time I get billed by BT their offer isn't correct.  Guess I'll see in a month...

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 405

just upgraded to fibre 500, and should have game pass included

gone to all of the help sections and forum entries. done what the email and text said

no use, there's no options to add.Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 405

Same here upgraded at end of November. Still no game pass, no option for it at all and even phoned up and they said to wait and it will appear. That's been over a month and still no sign. 

James.

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 405

Bit **bleep** really isnt it.

Especially when receiving emails that times almost run out to claim it.

FAIL! 

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 405

So I've just redeemed my offer. 12 months for upgrading to Full fibre 900. I already had GP with a renewal date of 17th February. Now when I sign into Microsoft it says it's being managed by BT. Fine. So I log into BT and it says my renewal date for GP is 05/02/22. The GP app say 17/03/22. Nowhere does it show I have 12 months free and if I turn off auto renewal via BT I'm assuming it'll cut off the service on 05/02/22 as it states that's my next renewal date!!

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 405

This is all guesswork as Microsoft seem to know nothing about it and BT seem confused too, but here's my understanding based on what I've observed. This is absolutely not official!

If you don't currently have an active Game Pass sub, adding the BT code gets you a rolling monthly sub for as long as your offer stated. This will show as expiring at the end of each month in the Game Pass app, but a new month will be automatically added for free when it expires.

If you do have an existing sub, the BT code will add one month to the end of your existing prepaid months, and will do so every month for as long as the offer lasts for you. 

What's not entirely clear is what happens when the BT offer expires and you have an existing sub, but here's my guess. The offer works by effectively adding a 1 month code to your Game Pass time every month, and if set to auto-renew through BT I think they will start charging when their offer expires. This would continue to add extra months onto the end of your prepaid time, but would charge you for the privilege. I've just turned off auto-renew to avoid any potential issues.

I don't think there's any danger of the BT offer wiping out existing pre-paid time, although obviously I don't work for BT so couldn't say for sure.

Message 89 of 405

This what I'm thinking as well as the GP app now says my next renewal is 17/03/22 which would make sense as my existing pre-paid period with MS was due to end 17/02/22. I've NOT switched off auto renew in my BT account though as it states my next renewal is 05/02/22 (a month after my fibre upgrade order was completed) and I fear turning off auto renew now will mean it will lapse on 17/02/22. 

I'll just keep a close eye on my BT bill to ensure I'm not getting charged before the 12 month offer is up.

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 405

I bit the bullet and upgraded from full fibre 500 to 900. 

I received the email from BT to say i had 12 months Game Pass included so followed the instructions to add it by logging into MyBT and then clicking add next to it. I redeemed the code but it doesn't state that i have 12 included months like the other screenshots i have seen people post. It looks like i'm going to be charged £10 per month?

jparnell82_0-1641578040946.png

0 Ratings