cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 261 of 405

Re: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT Broadband

Nope, I've heard nothing back for a while now.

0 Ratings
Message 262 of 405

Right, I've had enough of this now. My Xbox account has basically been hijacked by BT.

BT appear to be doing nothing to sort this. I've got a private ticket logged and even they aren't replying to  me on it.

Monday morning I'll be contacting a higher BT authority. Will never use BT again once my contract has expired, I may even leave early because this shoddy support has to be grounds for doing so without early termination charges.

Message 263 of 405

It looks like BT have royally screwed this up haven't they! Based on the comments here, it would appear they've basically given up on even providing updates.

I am in a situation where my existing GPU subscription won't expire until Jan 2025 - and have BT FF 900 and thus could apply a year of GPU to my Xbox account.  I am however very hesitant as it appears that BT a) don't know what they doing and b) don't even care enough to keep customers updated.  I would be extremely frustrated if I were one of the above posters!

For those caught up in this; are you able to use microsoft.com/redeem to apply new CD keys to your account? I.e. for games you've purchased electrically? Or are you completely locked out of applying any new CD keys / games to your account? 

I buy digital copies of games via CDKEYS and will certainly stay clear if I'm unable to continue doing so.

0 Ratings
Message 264 of 405

Oh gosh, I hadn't even thought about redeeming game keys!

I haven't tried, but I would expect those still to work. It's only the game pass sub that's managed by BT. I wouldn't take the risk if I were you though.

I've not had any response at all for ages now. I know BT is a big company and I'm sure there are multiple departments involved here, but is it really so hard for someone to just get in contact with Microsoft and find out exactly what needs to be done to release an account, then, well do that?

I work in IT, and it's absolutely staggering to me that a company as big as this would implement this without even bothering to test what happens when the sub expires.

Message 265 of 405

I had a call a couple of weeks back from one of the community team who said that an issue has been identified. The non technical explanation was that a “trigger” to release our accounts back to MSFT at the end of the contract isnt working correctly. So its definitely a BT issue but had no idea on timelines for a fix. At least they know what the problem actually is now which is the first step in getting it fixed I suppose. 

Communication and updates on these boards has been disappointingly slow in general sadly.

0 Ratings
Message 266 of 405

@michaeldrayson No you are completely locked out with doing anything with your account except for renewing the sub with BT. Applying MS keys on the usual MS website just gives an error which basically says that they don't control your account.
Absolutely nightmare service from BT. Until they get this sorted, do not sign up to their Xbox offer.
0 Ratings
Message 267 of 405

Trying my hardest to get this the attention of the games press and others at BT who can help on Twitter. If you use that platform, signal boost, comment etc 

https://twitter.com/wideawakewesley/status/1551309552225771522?t=kStm5_05iZkqFgHdszmqwQ&s=19

Some folks have reached out already.

Message 268 of 405

Recently signed up for BT Full Fibre 500 and I am supposedly getting 6mth Xbox Game Pass Ultimate thrown in.

I just spotted this topic by chance but I am glad I came in for a nosey! This sounds like a massive pain in the **bleep**.

I only popped in out of curiosity, as I wondered how the free 6mths would be delivered. I figured BT would just supply me with a 6mth code to redeem, or give me a code monthly for the next 6 months. That would have been far simpler.

0 Ratings
Message 269 of 405

Dicky or anyone else, do any of you have convos with Microsoft and BT that have BT confirming it's their issue to fix. I have some press interested.

0 Ratings
Message 270 of 405

I dont have the info in writing, all the communication has been via telephone.  The BT guy is very friendly and helpful but was unable to shed any light on plans,actions,timelines for them testing and then implementing the fix. 

Its a bug, goodness knows how it go through testing and into “Live” with such a fundamental flaw in the code.