cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 48

Your BT Broadband is suspended

Go to solution

I've been with BT since about 1485 and for the first time, I had a message to 'log onto the network' when using either ethernet or wifi whereupon I'm presented with a web page saying "Your BT broadband is suspended". There's no unpaid bills and never have been. The last bill - 27 January - paid by the usual DD on 4 February. The chatbot is useless - keeps disconnecting. The text service - there's no fault. Over an hour on 150 without a response aside from blaring music. Is there another way to connect BT? CheersScreenshot 2022-02-22 104337.jpg

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Message 2 of 48

Re: Your BT Broadband is suspended

Go to solution

@milouvision 

How did you receive the message, are you sure its from BT, as there are lots of scams circulating? Is your broadband working, or is it really suspended, as you are posting from a web browser running firefox_97_0.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks. I can access BT.com services. No other websites via a connected PC and two phones via wifi. The systems are clean. Homehub 4 rebooted and reset to factory conditions but to no avail.  I've sent a text to the usual BT number.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 48

Go to solution

Hi @milouvision welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're getting that message and the difficulties you've had reporting it.

If your bills are up to date I wonder do you have a crossed line fault. If you dial 17070 from your landline is it your own number that is announced?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks. Tried that and there's no issue. BT Billing called to confirm there's no outstanding payment (which I knew) and then had a long conversation with Technical who was effectively at a loss . An engineer is calling tomorrow. A few months ago I had been sent  a brand new HomeHub4 - I connected that and the issue remains.  The Mini Hub (which I don't have) relies, I think, on an EE 4G connection - there's no EE connection at all in the village.

This first came to light this morning via mobile wifi access - all was good yesterday (a lament often expressed no doubt). 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 48

Go to solution

As you have a home hub 4, I assume you are just on standard (ADSL) broadband, and not Fibre 1 or Fibre 2?

It would be almost unheard of for ADSL to get crossed in the exchange.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

The NE Scotland special. Superfast Scotland is due to be installed in 2025 or thereabouts.

A forum search of the 'suspension' issue: https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=Y... 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution

So its just ADSL and your phone number is correct. That would suggest a configuration issue on the broadband equipment in the exchange, or someone has crossed the pairs on the broadband equipment. You will have to wait for Openreach to visit.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

Aye, thanks. I guessed something happened in BT overnight. There's been a lot of storm damage recently so perhaps a connection somewhere needs resetting.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 48

Go to solution

Both BT and Openreach have thrown their hands up with total bafflement. BT and/or Openreach made some changes to either my BB line or my account in the period from 10:30pm on Monday evening to 8:30am Tuesday morning. They haven't a clue what they have done.

Yesterday afternoon, the engineer  tested the phone and BB line and found no faults. The router had no faults. He said that there wasn't an issue at the cabinet so he'd try the exchange. Whilst away, BT accounts called and told me what I already knew - that I have an exemplary payment record with no defaults, and that there was 'nothing detrimental recorded against my account'. The engineer called three times from the exchange - is it fixed? No. Is it fixed now? No etc etc. What next? He wasn't sure - I might have to call BT again. What that would do he didn't know. Would BT arrange for another engineer> Who know. No BT nor Openreach.

In the interim I can connect two PCs and two phones via a flaky 4G connection whilst BT and/or Openreach continue to block me from using my broadband for reasons they are unclear about.

0 Ratings