cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 48

Re: Your BT Broadband is suspended

Go to solution

Hi @milouvision and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're still having problems with your line and broadband. I'd like to take a closer look at this for you if that's ok. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

Message 12 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks. Message received and reply sent.

Message 13 of 48

Go to solution

Another 24 hours without resolution. Time to escalate to a wider audience.

BT and/or Openreach made changes to my account and/or BB in the early hours of Tuesday morning. They haven't a clue what they did, why they did it or able to offer any solution.  The EE mini hub is next to useless as there is virtually no EE signal. Sounds par for the course.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution

DavidM - thanks for arranging the new hub which arrived yesterday but as suspected it hasn't helped. It's not a hardware issue - yesterday was the third hub - and the hub manager can see a connection in and out as could the engineer last Weds.

I know it's grasping at straws but would a change in phone number help? I'll call 150 again...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution

Reset the Smart Hub and now get this:

Access Blocked

Sorry, but you're not allowed to access the Internet at the moment.

The BT access control in your Smart Hub has been set to prevent this computer or device from accessing the internet at this time.
The access control period will need to be updated if you need to connect to the Internet immediately.

BT access control settings can be changed using the Smart Hub Manager, which is password protected.

But BT access control is switched off at the hub and parental controls haven't been activated via BT/Security.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

Message from 192.168.1.254  goes if Smart Setup is disabled

/ends conversation with self.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution

Hi @milouvision,

Thanks for getting back to us.

@DavidM is out of the office at present but he will be here tomorrow afternoon. I'll speak with him about this and discuss what needs to happen next. Just to confirm, there are no restrictions on your account for any billing issues and it doesn't appear to be a crossed line.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 18 of 48

Go to solution

@milouvisionwrote:

I'll call 150 again...

Let the mods help you, ringing 150 could see people double dealing and causing further delays, the mod team here are brilliant and have offered help, give them time to resolve it 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks DanielS. And thanks -Richie-, makes sense as  BT keep telling me there's no flags against my account but here we are. Fortunately I have a 4G connection via my phone although I've had to increase the data allowance. I'll wait for what transpires tomorrow. I guess one option is to cancel 40 years of being a customer and getting my partner to sign up as a new account.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 48

Go to solution

@milouvisionwrote:

I guess one option is to cancel 40 years of being a customer and getting my partner to sign up as a new account.

That wouldn't be needed, sometimes what's known as a cease and reprovide are done but it's done via the supplier systems and then your BT account is manually updated, your actual BT account remains open and active.