Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

Your Direct Debit didn’t go through

Hi,

By chance I went into my bt app and there was a big warning saying Your Direct Debit didn’t go through.  I've checked my bank since last bill and it came off.   It's now demanding I pay an overdue payment or I face a late payment charge.  No details have been changed on my account and I've had no emails or contact from bt advising of an issue.  Any ideas if this is a system bug ?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: Your Direct Debit didn’t go through

I'm have the same issue, so I suspect it's a problem with BT's billing system
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

Hi 

I have the same problem to. They say that they will try again in a couple of days time if it fails there will be a late payment charge . But my direct debit goes out around the 25th.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

I  also have this issue and phoned BT billing earlier. The agent said he'd never seen this before as my April bill had been paid. He is passing it to the off-line team. My new bill is due today and it may be connected to the new bill being processed and hasn't been sent yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

My new bill is also due today.  Thanks for the info, strange thing is its also referencing a different payment date.  Hopefully just a glitch.  Did they say how long before the offline team would get back to you?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Last night it was still giving info about the DD being paid late and the bill would be available shortly. Email this morning @07:19 and it's now back to normal - last bill paid and correct date for paying the new bill

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I’ve got the same issue regarding direct debit didn’t go through, despite it showing as paid? My latest bill due today isn’t available to download yet, but it does show the amount and direct debit debit of  1st June, and the overdue amount is the same as next direct debit amount.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Seems to be a glitch.  Once my bill was generated,  the issue went away.  Weird one but hopefully the tech team pick up on this soon.  Mine said 1st June too even  though usual payment date 27th.  All your issues were same as mine. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 12

Hello annoyed friends.

I have the same problem to. They say that they will try again in a couple of days time if it fails there will be a late payment charge . But my direct debit goes out around the 23rd.  They seem quite willing to take another £10 though when it's their fault.

If enough of us have this issue we could take BT to court.  It doesn't take long for a collection of £10's to become a lot of cash, our cash.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

This is the latest on My BT now, I do hope they don’t add anymore on my next bill. Bank shows DD went out for last bill on due date.

AF0032C6-C297-4D4B-B14E-6126B97B40B9.png

0 Ratings