Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WickedAH
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Your broadband order has been cancelled

Go to solution

Today I had noticed that on the openreach fibre checker I could order a FTTP product as of yesterday and I crosschecked it on the bt website and it allowed me to pick a package from Infinity 1 to 4.

So earlier today I rang up the FTTP sales department and said I could get speeds of around 52mb and 9.5mb for roughly the same price as I was paying for before.

A couple of hours later I have checked the tracker on the website and it says that my order has been amended and that my broadband order has been cancelled, but it still mentions that my new BT Smart Hub and Engineer are still coming to my property. 12 January and 15 January respectively.

Will my broadband be activated when the engineer comes to install the new infinity service or will all of it be cancelled and will I be left with the 4mb speeds that I am currently getting.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Your broadband order has been cancelled

Go to solution

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WickedAH
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

You need to phone the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787 as they are only people who deal with FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
WickedAH
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@imjolly

That's how I ordered it in the first place, they clarified that I could get it and that they would send out the hub and an engineer on the 15th January to install it but the actual broadband order has been cancelled and I don't know why as I know that the FTTP was definately installed, even the openreach checker and bt checker both say I can get it. Should I call them tomorrow again and ask why the broadband upgrade got cancelled?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Yes
0 Ratings
WickedAH
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Alright thanks. Hopefully they can resolve it as I have been waiting a long time for FTTP to be enabled on my street. 4mb can only serve a family of 4 for so long.

0 Ratings
WickedAH
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Ended up that they called us and told us that they had to cancel the old order and move it back two extra days because of a shortage of staff in Northern Ireland. All is good now!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

That's good news @WickedAH. Great to see some progress on the order. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
WickedAH
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Sorry for the very delayed response,

Last Thursday (4th January), I received a phone call from BT stating that our FTTP would not be installed until an Openreach engineer had visited the premises to verify that we could get it installed.

On Monday (8th January) an Openreach engineer came out to the property and asked us a couple of questions, went off and checked the 3 poles the fibre is going to be supplied on and found out that they were installed in 1968. He then confirmed that FTTP would be available to install but we would require a new telegraph pole to be installed as one of the old ones is somewhat damaged as it is 50 years old.

Yesterday, January 10th, A man arrived at the property to see where the new pole was going to be installed and he told us that it would be done by the end of the week to allow our installation date to be carried out on January 17th.

So now it is just a waiting game but all should move smoothly and I will inform you when it is installed.

0 Ratings