Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Questions66
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

account contacts

Go to solution

Hi,

Does anyone know how to add a second contact to MY BT as an account manager so they can pass security and discus my account when calling BT.

Thansk

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: account contacts

Go to solution

I don`t think that is possible unless you are legally appointed to deal with the affairs of a person who has lost mental capacity.

I will ask a moderator to comment.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Questions66,

They need to set up a BT ID using their own name but with your account number.

That will automatically give them account manager status.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
JimMedlycott
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Doesn't work. I tried to set up a BTID with my email address, it says that I already have one. I log into the account and it takes me to the webmail account. When i click on the "My BT" link it takes me straight back to the login page. I log in, it takes me to webmail. I click on the "My BT" link, it takes me back to the login page..................you get the idea. It won't give me access to anything other than email, so I can't enter my father-in-law's account number and I can't find any way to manage his account. He has severe dementia and his contract is running out. Please tell me how I can get myself added as a decision maker on his account, this is soul destroying.

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@JimMedlycott 

It might be easier in your case to set up a new BTID using a new or alternative email address. The way you have described your BTID ID acting is not normal but has been also mentioned by other users in the past. 

SP 

0 Ratings