cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulgillies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

activation problems stuck between BT and Openreach

I was due to go live on 21st jan. Waited all day nothing so checked the following day and still nothing so contacted BT to be told that the order had an exception on it and it would take 48hrs for that to clear and then i would be given another activation date. I have since been in ground hog day!!!! every time i phone i am told it will be 48hrs until the exception clears that was 12 days ago. I have been told that there was a problem with the exchange which turned out to be false and also that there was further cabling work requireed which also turned out to be false. Each time i phone i get a different advisor as no-one wants to take ownership of this. I have logged a complaint and have now been without any internet for the last 2 weeks due to the fact they have taken over my service on 21st jan but failed to connect me. I have only had one stupid text from BT in the whole time and i have had to keep contacting them or i would just be sat here with nothing. Customer service is shocking!!!!!

BT have a system that is inherently flawed which is dealing with openreach's system that is even worse so no wonder so many customers are having problems with activation dates. No-one takes ownership from bt who then contact openreach who are the same and we get stuck in an eternal loop.

To say i am becoming extremely frustrated is an understatement and i just cannot get anywhere at all!!!!!!!

My head is spinning with all this BT blame openreach but we cannot contact or complain to openreach so just get stuck in the middle.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: activation problems stuck between BT and Openreach

Welcome to this user forum.

Do you have dial tone on your phone?

The phone line has to be working before broadband can be activated.

If it is, then dial 17070, you will get an announcement telling you your phone number.

Check this against the phone number that BT have allocated you, to make sure its the same.

0 Ratings
paulgillies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

No problems with phone line
They state that the order got stuck in the system and that has caused an exception which takes 48 hrs to clear but I am now stuck on an eternal 48 hr roundabout for some reason and I can’t get off!!!!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
paulgillies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks I just want a connection I am self employed and work from home this has already cost me hundreds of £££££
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

@paulgillies wrote:
Thanks I just want a connection I am self employed and work from home this has already cost me hundreds of £££££

This forum cannot help with business connections, you will have to post on the BT Business forum.

http://business.forums.bt.com/

Sorry

This is the BT Residential Customer forum.

0 Ratings
paulgillies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

It’s not a business connection it’s a home connection!!!!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@paulgillies wrote:
It’s not a business connection it’s a home connection!!!!!

You said you were self employed and losing money.

Remember, BT Residential Broadband is intended as described in the T&Cs.

"Is for you and members of your household to use for your and their personal use as consumers (i.e. wholly or mainly for purposes outside any trade, business or profession)"

Its possible that some technical issues have been found, which are delaying provision.

BT Business customers get priority, and can claim for loss of business.

0 Ratings
paulgillies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Really!!!!!!
I just want a connection so I am online
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @paulgillies,

I am so sorry to hear about the delay getting your services activated. We will be able to contact Openreach to find out what's happening on your behalf as you are our Customer. I've sent you a private message so we can get some more information from you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings