Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

another New build question

[ Edited ]

HI Marpate. 

I am having similar frustrating issues I have just completed a new build on a plot of land. The phone and broadband are connected to a mobile home on the plot, in which we having been living whilst building. WE now want to move the connection to the new bungalow. It is just having the drop wire from the pole moved to the new build. However BT retail seem to be incapable of progressing this. It's the same address, same phone number, same slow broadband speed, just another building at the same address but the order process can't handle this. 3 weeks of bashing my head against a brick wall, having to explain over again the scenario every time I talk to someone. Two orders have been raised and cancelled by BT. The orddrs never got as far as Openreach. Now my it has been raised as a complaint and I await a "Case Manager" to call me and sort it out. I have been given two appointmnt dates, but these keep getting moved. At this rate we will be living in the bungalow and using the redundant mobiler home as a phone box and interenet cafe. It is such a simple request but BT just can't handle it. Very frustrated of Rural Norfolk 

0 Ratings

Re: another New build question

Hi Keithheazle

Does the address match with the Royal Mail address matcher?

Hopefully the case handler will be able to get this resolved, should you find you are not getting any further please post back and we can see if we can help.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings

Hi Stuart H

I think that is the main issue. The process won't allow a move in the same address. Move within same building OK. Move to a diiferent address OK but move to a different building on the same address process shutdown, throws a big sulk and won't go any further. It is so frustrating as it is such a simple job....just move the drop wire....SIMPLES!!! Stilll waitng a "Case Manager" to call me. 

Keith H

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

[ Edited ]

@keithheazle

A home move is not what is needed, its an Openreach relocation task only, not BT Retail. This is why you are having problems getting anything done.

See https://www.ournetwork.openreach.co.uk/altering-our-network/when-you-want-our-network-moved.aspx

The enquiry form is here https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d04000e090a

From their website

"We’ll move and remove Openreach equipment and poles to accommodate your construction"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (personal website) is back, with lots of useful info for BT home broadband customers..

0 Ratings

HI Keith_Beddoe.

Why the hell didn't BT retail say that. I didn't realise you could go straight to Openreach [which seems logical]. Thanks for the information. I tried to ring them but was in a queue for over 30 minutes so gave up and raised an order online. Also sent them some pictures show old building, new building and the telephone pole, to empasise what needs doing. 

I am really p'd off with BT not telling me this. Thanks to the forum. I joined so I could let off some steam.  

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

They probably did not know what to do.

Anyway, I am sure Openreach will sort this out with the minimum of fuss, especially if its just a case of re-running the dropwire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (personal website) is back, with lots of useful info for BT home broadband customers..