cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rugbykirsty87
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

anyone else recieved such shoddy service?

So my issues happened some 9 weeks ago when a Direct Debit was taken out when it shouldnt have been, i was promised an extension on my direct debit as it was cancelled by the bank (different issue altogether) but because of this i had to cancel an urgent eye appointment. Anyway..

I raised a complaint because of it, and i finally was told id get some money back for inconviencance. and i still havnt recieved it. after daily communications with the accoounts team i was promised 3 call backs and promised a BACS transfer as they had sent a cheque out- in the wrong name! I was promised call backs from managers which never happened. i have been promised that one person who look after my complaint and keep me updated and this also hasnt happened.

the latest thing i find out was i gave them my bank details to do the BACS transfer (4 times) and was told that a direct debit was set up.. this wasnt what i agreed too or authorised. Surely a data protection breach? Worst thing is i havnt even had an acknowleedgement of my complaint, nor have i recieved any letter to apologise or any outcome letter.

I am just so fed up. If i havnt recieved a deadlock letter can i take this to the ombudsman, as I have been let down so much ona  dailey occurance and so many lies being told to me. I now have to wait another 14 days for another cheque to be sent, and its for half the amount i was promised.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: anyone else recieved such shoddy service?

@rugbykirsty87 I'm really sorry about the problems you've recently had with BT. If you would like the moderation team to help get this sorted please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
rugbykirsty87
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

to be honest i am just after knowing if i can go to the ombudsman as noone helps me at all. no matter how many times its promised 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@rugbykirsty87 The ombudsman will take it on if the complaint has been ongoing for over 8 weeks or if you've received a letter of deadlock. My offer to help is still open if you'd like the mod team to help, we won't make any promises that we can't keep. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@rugbykirsty87 wrote:

to be honest i am just after knowing if i can go to the ombudsman as noone helps me at all. no matter how many times its promised 😞

I would take up @NeilO's offer if I were you. The mods have a good track record of getting problems sorted.

0 Ratings
rugbykirsty87
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I will email you after work NeilO. I dont have all the information you require to hand. 

0 Ratings
rugbykirsty87
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Ive raised a complaint with Bt and over 8 weeks later had no luck not even an acknowledgement of a complaint being made
0 Ratings