Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

broadband and line rental saver price

Go to solution

In my ' current package' info ( now out of contract), it states that I pay £32.50 per month for fibre 1 INCLUSIVE OF LINE RENTAL SAVER, but surely it is EXCLUSIVE of the line rental which I have just paid around £220 for. Surely the cost is 32.50 + around £20 for the line?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: broadband and line rental saver price

Go to solution

I think it means inclusive of the Line Rental Saver discount (£19.99?) which you will see on your monthly bill going forward.   In other words, your current package actually costs £52.49.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

All broadband packages include line rental and have done for a few years now.

"Line rental is not a charge for your home phone; it’s really the cost of maintaining the wire (or ‘line’) that brings your broadband, landline and even some TV services into your home. 

Since 2016 broadband companies can no longer advertise broadband and line-rental costs separately. Instead, they have to show the full, inclusive cost of taking out a broadband contract. This reflects the fact that line rental is part of the cost of providing broadband. However, some companies still separate this out in their bills."

Source: Ofcom

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks yes, it does cost me £52.99 so I think the marketing is very confusing ( see below)

You're currently paying:

£32.50 a month
Includes BT line rental saver

as £32.50 actually ' includes' nothing ,as I have to pay that on top. I make the point as BT is offering new customers deals where they can pay around £27 per month which DOES include line rental for 24 months.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You indicated in your original post that you are out of contract; in that case you are at liberty to call the "Value Team" and what better deal you can negotiate, based on your individual requirements.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

What is the process to speak to the 'Value Team' please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@homerhotspurwrote:

What is the process to speak to the 'Value Team' please?

It's the standard Customer Service freephone line 0800 800 150